• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good online FAX service"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I stayed with eFax in the end. I already use two lines for voice (plan b) and didn't want a 3rd line installed, so used this service.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMonkey
    Does anyone actually still do faxes? Last fax I sent was about 5 years ago.
    I use mine all the time.

I would suggest buying either a cheap fax or a nice three in one printer jobby (I have and HP 9120 which does the business nicely).

The best thing to do for incoming faxes if get an 0870 number. That way even if you get junk fax you know that you are earning a little bit of cash for it and you can smile all the way to the bank

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Not dragging up an oldie...

Yep, people stilll use faxes. I have to send in timesheets by fax as I dont work on any main sites (work at home 99% of time) so there is no other way for me to get a signature to them.

I wish they would allow e-mail as all I do is scan the files into my PC and send them via an online fax service (efax) which as DP has pointed out a rubbish....which is why I found this thread looking for another one.

Puma fax have been bought by efax...

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Does anyone actually still do faxes? Last fax I sent was about 5 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Statistician
    replied
    http://www.onebox.com/

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    That service does not cover the countries I need to FAX to.

I'm not looking for something cheap or free, what is more important is it is 100% reliable, almost no downtime, fast and easy to use.

If there isn't anything else like www.efax.com (that is reliable!) then I'm just going to have to buy a FAX machine.
    DP, I have used both PumaFax and Tiscali.Fax to send faxes overseas, both with 100% success rates. I have a slight preference for the former.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    My plan B involves communicating with suppliers whose primary form of contact is FAX in some cases. They're not connected to Internet like us advanced civilizations.
    Ahh... I thought they used smoke signals or jungle drums

Leave a comment:

• martinb
    replied
    Fax Machine?

I'm not looking for something cheap or free, what is more important is it is 100% reliable, almost no downtime, fast and easy to use.

If there isn't anything else like www.efax.com (that is reliable!) then I'm just going to have to buy a FAX machine.
    Before buying a fax machine you may want to think about a fax software solution such as Ventafax (http://www.ventafax.com/). It also provides answering machine capabilities so I use this as on MyCo main phone number and use it to receive all calls (voice and fax). Works well for me as I am usually at clients and not by the phone. Can also access the answerphone messages remotely and (with the business version) have both voice answerphone messages and inbound faxes automatically emailed to your email address.

Depends a little on your individual working circumstances whether this would be appropriate for you.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    has someone mentioned

http://www.tpc.int/

before?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    My plan B involves communicating with suppliers whose primary form of contact is FAX in some cases. They're not connected to Internet like us advanced civilizations.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    I used to use yac.com.... back in the days when faxing was useful....not used the account for quite some time, but it did work OK

Do you also use a 'typewriter'?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Good online FAX service

Good online FAX service

Hi,

Anyone got any recommendations for an online FAX service (can send and receive faxes over the Internet without the need for a FAX machine or phone line)?

I currently use eFAX (www.efax.com) but they are tulipe. Most FAXes sent abroad do not arrive. I've given it a few weeks but with a 5% success rate in sending overseas faxes, I've had enough.

So if anyone knows of a similar service that actually works properly, please do tell.

Cheers,

DP.

Working...
X