• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Windows Home Server 2011 - forgot connection password"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by doomage View Post
    Can you just add a new user account through the dashboard and use that?

Nope. The git wants what it knows as the "Server password".

No advice out there so it looks like a reinstallation.

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Can you just add a new user account through the dashboard and use that?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Ta. I had forgotten about those forums and will have a look.

Leave a comment:

• captainham
    replied
    Can't offer any direct help unfortunately, but have you also tried the WGS forums? Highly knowledgeable folk over there whenever I've had any issues in the past.

We Got Served Forums

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    started a topic Windows Home Server 2011 - forgot connection password

Windows Home Server 2011 - forgot connection password

It's been a while since I used this and I have forgotten the connection password to access WHS2011 Dashboard from a Windows 7 client.

The password hint says what I remember, but if I try to change the password from the WHS2011 Dashboard on the server itself, the pesky thing asks me for the existing password.

This is not a matter of forgetting the admin password on the server itself. I have that, and a backup account with admin access. I.e. I have full control of the thing, but cannot persuade it to change the password needed for access from a client.

Can anyone help please?

Working...
X