• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lenovo U410 V Samsung NP530U4B"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Keyboards on lenovos are crap. And I mean crap. Other than that, they are good machines.
    The keyboard on my T400 is excellent. And I mean excellent.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveP View Post
    Hi all,

I am looking to buy a new laptop for mainly home use.

i'm looking at the 2 above models, I just wondered if anybody has had a "hands on" with these models.

Any feedback much appreciated
    Keyboards on lenovos are crap. And I mean crap. Other than that, they are good machines.

Leave a comment:

• BS1397
    replied
    So you prefer the Lenovo's then ?

have you tried the Samsung ?
    Yes at PCWorld, They felt more retail quality than business. For toughness & reliability I doubt Samsung could touch a Lenovo, and for that reason alone my IBM/Lenovo have always outlasted my HP/Dell laptops too (I keep 8 different models) though obviously there are pros & cons (Price/Weight/Features) that will influence your decision.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Not tried the Samsung, but last ClientCo used Lenovo and was a very good machine
    The U410 is the ultra book so a completely new line

personally I think the regular Lenovo's are way over engineered and even then have some basic faults and there is the thinkvantage bloatware

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Not tried the Samsung, but last ClientCo used Lenovo and was a very good machine

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    replied
    So you prefer the lenovo's then ?

have you tried the samsung ?

Leave a comment:

• BS1397
    replied
    Hi all,

i'm looking at the 2 above models, I just wondered if anybody has had a "hands on" with these models.

This is my personal preference but Lenovo is by far the better built and supported of the two. Sometimes you can get some great savings from here;

Lenovo Outlet Online Store (Not just refurbs but new current models too)

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    started a topic Lenovo U410 V Samsung NP530U4B

Lenovo U410 V Samsung NP530U4B

Hi all,

Working...
X