• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK based web hosting"

Collapse

• barry100
    replied
    I have a dedicated server from Ukhosting DOT com DOT uk and I can say it has given me no trouble. The server is based in a data centre in Madenhead and is pretty good for the money. I have around 160 sites hosted on the server - the server is managed (granted from india) and is very cheap. When I had a VPS with the same company it was a real pain but the dedi server has been a joy for the past almost 2 years or so.

I would recommend getting a dedicated managed server from the company i have mentioned. BTW I have no affiliation with them at all. I tried a few other hosts but the prices were bonkers and the support was pretty crapppy.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Mine is through Vidahost cheap but very very good and with a cusstomer service that is second to none, I got a 10% discount voucher too
    WSMS

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Geographical location of a website does not affect PageRank (but UK based stuff will often rank better for UK queries).

eukhost.com is pretty good for VPS

Leave a comment:

• Mose
    replied
    I've always found rochen to be excellent.

Leave a comment:

• ThomserveBAS
    replied
    +2 for Vidahost - decent prices and superb support.

Leave a comment:

• garethevans1986
    replied
    +1 for vidahost.

GE

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Need a good (and cheap) uk based web hosting co. Must be uk based for google page rank reasons. Don't need databases, CMS or any such. Just plenty of bandwidth and flat html / css / include files and images.
    You could host it with me Suity and know that you were contributing to a fellow CUK member.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I've used Easyspace 2-3 times recently, seems very good. I'd recommend.

I seem to recall that you can tell Google that a foreign hosted website is actually a UK one, I don't remember how, but I did it once for a site which is now #1 in the rankings for its niche. A Google search will no doubt reveal the answer!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Need a good (and cheap) uk based web hosting co. Must be uk based for google page rank reasons. Don't need databases, CMS or any such. Just plenty of bandwidth and flat html / css / include files and images.
    Mine is through Vidahost cheap but very very good and with a cusstomer service that is second to none, I got a 10% discount voucher too

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    started a topic UK based web hosting

UK based web hosting

Working...
X