• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: HTC Desire Update

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "HTC Desire Update"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Android 2.2
    Kernel 2.6.32.15
    Build 2.12.110

Not too sure what the new update waiting to be installed is as I don't have 25mb free at the moment
    it's the 2.29 update.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Android 2.2
    Kernel 2.6.32.15
    Build 2.12.110

Not too sure what the new update waiting to be installed is as I don't have 25mb free at the moment

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    I got an update to 2.2 about 3 weeks ago. I am now on Software number 2.12.110.4 and Kernel version 2.12.110.4 CL274424.

This past update was indeed 25mb.

I searched a bit for the content of the update but did not find much information.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    Are you on T-mobile?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    I updated mine a couplke of weeks ago via the normal update function. It does require 25mb to do the update but frees up some of this afterwards. I had some new apps, I can use the phone as a wi-fi hotspot for other phones/computers/etc and it has let me move certain apps to the SD card. Don't know what else though but it does want to do another update now. Frau D. wants it now on her Samsung Galaxy but after ages trying it seems the only way you can update that is via a PC connection.
    Are you on T-mobile?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    2.29 is a bug fix. 2.3 gingerbread has been released but is not available for HTC phones as yet.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    I updated mine a couplke of weeks ago via the normal update function. It does require 25mb to do the update but frees up some of this afterwards. I had some new apps, I can use the phone as a wi-fi hotspot for other phones/computers/etc and it has let me move certain apps to the SD card. Don't know what else though but it does want to do another update now. Frau D. wants it now on her Samsung Galaxy but after ages trying it seems the only way you can update that is via a PC connection.
    The update I am referring to was only released yesterday, so am unsure how you got yours 2 weeks ago.

I suspect you are referring to the Fryo 2.2 update which was provided by your mobile provider. What I am referring to is a subsequent update provided by HTC themselves.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Tethering works fine for me but I've an unbranded phone with a PAYG german SIM card. WiFi hotspot I've never tried, perhaps I should.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Since 2.2 has anybody managed to get the tethering or Wifi hotspot to work on Orange?
    Sorry, never tried to do that since 2.2 was released, never had the need.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Since 2.2 has anybody managed to get the tethering or Wifi hotspot to work on Orange?
    Got it working on a non-branded phone.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    My HTC Desire still has the Orange branded bloatware although it's now unlocked.

I've just done the update via the usual over the air route, all appears stable so far.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Dunno, I've got a carrier locked Desire from Orange so I wouldn't expect anything from them anytime soon as they are renowned for being slow to react.

According to this the new update takes 25Mb of internal memory, Orange already stole a huge chunk with all their unnecessary crap that I can't delete. Not too impressed with the fact I can't store some apps on the SD card, I didn't envisage getting 'low memory' warnings within 3 days of getting it.

I'll be looking to 'root' mine once I'm confident that I won't brick it, only had it a week!
    There are rooted roms out there (on the XDA forums), I've held back from using them on my Desire. Would glady play with root roms on my old phones, but not on my spanking hot phone.

There are some good tools out there that tell you about your 3G usage and memory usage (and kills individual and all processes).

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Dunno, I've got a carrier locked Desire from Orange so I wouldn't expect anything from them anytime soon as they are renowned for being slow to react.

According to this the new update takes 25Mb of internal memory, Orange already stole a huge chunk with all their unnecessary crap that I can't delete. Not too impressed with the fact I can't store some apps on the SD card, I didn't envisage getting 'low memory' warnings within 3 days of getting it.

I'll be looking to 'root' mine once I'm confident that I won't brick it, only had it a week!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X