• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Keyboard shortcut to select a line of text"

Collapse

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Well done. Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V. You are now a contractor!
    Great tip. Didn't know about the Ctrl-V part. This'll save me soooo much time.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    This forum, if nothing else, proves that there is no bar to becoming a contractor

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by lightng View Post
    Only discovered this a month ago by accident. In Visual Studio (at least in the versions I'm using 2008/10), if you click anywhere on a line of code and do CTRL-C, it copies the entire line to the buffer.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by lightng View Post
    Only discovered this a month ago by accident. In Visual Studio (at least in the versions I'm using 2008/10), if you click anywhere on a line of code and do CTRL-C, it copies the entire line to the buffer.
    similar things are done in SSMS ctrl+x does the same thing but cuts
    ctrl+v can then be used to paste into the line below without having to go to the end of the line and press enter first

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    but that also grabs the PS1 prompt
    True. A former colleague put a line feed into his prompt to get around that. Waste of screen real estate in my opinion.

But where it does come in useful is for copying commands out of documentation or a script.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    Shift + Down
    When at the beginning of the line to be selected.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Shift + Down

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Home, followed by Shift + End.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    This won't solve your problem but its still worth having a look at:
    ClipboardFusion 2.0.0 Released!

It works quietly in the background adding a bit of extra functionality to the clip board.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    In an X11 terminal session (aka xterm), press mouse button one (MB1) 3 times.

but that also grabs the PS1 prompt

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    'yy' in vi, Unix Roolz, embrace the power of the vi-ster....
    In an X11 terminal session (aka xterm), press mouse button one (MB1) 3 times.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I dont even know what that means!

Try Shift + End (or Shift + Home if you are at the end of a line).

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    is this possible? I know ctrl-A selects eveything but is there a command that just selects the current line?

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    started a topic Keyboard shortcut to select a line of text

Keyboard shortcut to select a line of text

is this possible? I know ctrl-A selects eveything but is there a command that just selects the current line?

Working...
X