• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "mac OSX file copy size limit?"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    Is the volume somehow formatted as FAT32? This cannot handle >4GB for a single file.
    Er, that would be it. Doh!

(a) it's supposed to be exactly 4Gb not > 4Gb,
    (b) I thought I had tried it to another disk, but obvously I only thought that, didn't do it.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    ^ WHS - my own partition is HFS and I regularly transfer a 15 Gig DMG as a backup.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Is the volume somehow formatted as FAT32? This cannot handle >4GB for a single file.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    started a topic mac OSX file copy size limit?

mac OSX file copy size limit?

I tried copying a 4Gb file on my Macbook (OSX 10.5). It fails: do it in a terminal window with cp and it explains "File too large".

What's the problem? Is there a way round it? I have a workaround/more sensible plan, but I'm curious.

Working...
X