• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Newer Ipods

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Newer Ipods"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    For best sound quality you need to use MP3s with a high bitrate, or maybe even lossless.

To achieve this you'll probably need something with plenty of storage, so an ipod classic is a good option, unless there are similar non-apple alternatives at a cheaper price, that fare well in any reviews out there.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
    I've got a fairly old ipod, I think its a gen2 40gb model, and it's started to play up a bit.

I've started to have a look for a new model and my query is....
    Is the sound quality any better in the newer models?

I'm initially looking at a 160gb classic as i think the touch models are a bit gimmicky, however if the sound is better, I'd think again.......
    I've got an iPod like yours - her indoors has a 32GB touch. No difference in sound quality IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    the betamax that was technically better than VHS?
    That was exactly my point It's not like you to miss the obvious

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    Originally posted by interested View Post
    The applications available for the touch and iphone are worth looking at because they add so much functionality. I just got TV Plus which means I can look up TV schedules and set my Sky box to record remotely.
    Thanks, But I don't need it for anything other than to sit in my glove compartment. So all I really need is decent sound as it will be wired directly into my car stereo. My existing Ipod only gets out of my car @once every 3 months!

Leave a comment:

• interested
    replied
    I've got a fairly old ipod, I think its a gen2 40gb model, and it's started to play up a bit.

I'm initially looking at a 160gb classic as i think the touch models are a bit gimmicky, however if the sound is better, I'd think again.......
    The applications available for the touch and iphone are worth looking at because they add so much functionality. I just got TV Plus which means I can look up TV schedules and set my Sky box to record remotely.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Still using your Betamax recorder?
    the betamax that was technically better than VHS?

if you're not using iTunes then there are other MP3 players than the iPod

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    ditch the ipod and get summat from creative.

The technology is a lot better.

www.creative.com
    Still using your Betamax recorder?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    ditch the ipod and get summat from creative.

The technology is a lot better.

www.creative.com

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    http://blog.wired.com/music/2007/09/...lassics-s.html

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied

I have the 32GB Touch...it is superb IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    started a topic Newer Ipods

Newer Ipods

Working...
X