• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Panasonic TH-50PX8B"

Collapse

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken Dodd View Post
    Wouldn't your problem be solved by getting rid of boyfriend?

You could turn the TV on and off to your heart's content than.
    and at least I could get to use the remotes instead of him monopolising them.

Nawww....couldn't get rid of him....he's far more useful than just having soemone to turn the TV off and on......

Leave a comment:

• Ken Dodd
    replied
    another suggestion.....

Wouldn't your problem be solved by getting rid of boyfriend?

You could turn the TV on and off to your heart's content than.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    It may be necessary to do something in the internal TV menu to tell it that a CAM is installed and to look there first. Something along the lines of a Scart control.

I have four DTVs that all switch-on straight to whatever tuner was used last, each time.
    Looked in the manual last night and found the CI option on the set-up menu and everything looks OK.

BF won't let me try switching it on without the CAM being installed as it involves turning the switch off at the wall. Hopefully it won't take long for the irritation factor to kick in and move him to try it......

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    It may be necessary to do something in the internal TV menu to tell it that a CAM is installed and to look there first. Something along the lines of a Scart control.

I have four DTVs that all switch-on straight to whatever tuner was used last, each time.
    Thanks, I'll try looking in the manual tonight (something my partner seems reluctant to do.....)

Leave a comment:

• Ken Dodd
    replied
    Another thought...

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Sounds like a fault with the TV.

If the TV is Freeview enabled anyway, try it without the CAM. If it does the same, it is the TV. If it doesn't, its the CAM.

I think....
    The TV HAS got built in freeview.

I must admit that I think the problem only occured after we got the CAM installed......I will try switching the TV on without the CAM and see if that works.

Leave a comment:

• Ken Dodd
    replied
    suggestion...

Sounds like a fault with the TV.

If the TV is Freeview enabled anyway, try it without the CAM. If it does the same, it is the TV. If it doesn't, its the CAM.

I think....

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    started a topic Panasonic TH-50PX8B

Panasonic TH-50PX8B

Hi, thanks to all who helped me with my previous query, BF finally bought a CAM and it's working fine.
    The TV, however, has developed a "quirk" that I hope you can help me with.

When we turn it on - either at the switch or from standby - it starts up on a digital channel but always says "no service". We have to switch it off and switch it from digital to analogue several times before it finally allows a digital signal to be shown. Even when this "no service" sign is displayed it will allow us to see the digital electronic programme guide.

Does anybody know what's going on?

Thanks in advance for your help..........

Working...
X