• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Vista - Reliability analysis metrics"

Collapse

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by DogTown View Post
    RACAgent : This scheduled task runs when you start the computer. This scheduled task also runs every hour after you start the computer. This task is a Microsoft Reliability Analysis task that processes system reliability data.

To view / kill it, you should be able to :

To view the hidden scheduled tasks in a default installation of Windows Vista, follow these steps:

1. Click Start. In the Start Search box, type task scheduler. Then, in the Programs list, click Task Scheduler.
    2. On the View menu, click Show Hidden Tasks.

See below for more info

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc766393.aspx

Hope that helps
    Or switch to Linux.

Leave a comment:

• DogTown
    replied
    RACAgent : This scheduled task runs when you start the computer. This scheduled task also runs every hour after you start the computer. This task is a Microsoft Reliability Analysis task that processes system reliability data.

To view / kill it, you should be able to :

To view the hidden scheduled tasks in a default installation of Windows Vista, follow these steps:

1. Click Start. In the Start Search box, type task scheduler. Then, in the Programs list, click Task Scheduler.
    2. On the View menu, click Show Hidden Tasks.

See below for more info

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc766393.aspx

Hope that helps

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    And let me preempt those about to say it means "get a Mac"
    You know it makes sense

So vista performs reliability analysis while you work. Reliability analysis for what?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I keep getting the following pop-up during normal working conditions -
    "reliability analysis metrics calculation executable stopped working"

Anyone else getting this, and if so what is the cure ?
    I think (can't remember) I had this when I first got Vista.
    I do remember removing and then reloading MS Office 07. and it went away.

Can't be sure mind.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    The ony advice I can find is to try "repairing" Vista from the installation media.

And let me preempt those about to say it means "get a Mac"

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    started a topic Vista - Reliability analysis metrics

Vista - Reliability analysis metrics

I keep getting the following pop-up during normal working conditions -
    "reliability analysis metrics calculation executable stopped working"

Anyone else getting this, and if so what is the cure ?

Working...
X