• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Viewing Googlemail on site"

Collapse

• cykophysh39
    replied
    Another thing you can try.....

I don't know how successful this will be, and if you will get a spanking for trying it

http://proxify.com/

Is an anonymous proxy
    Worked a treat at a previous gig. (The IT guys were not that hot on security)

Leave a comment:

• radgid
    replied
    how about public proxy?

Usually companies are blocking them but you can try http://wikity.info/ (if it is not blocked by the company already) and access your gmail account from there.

Leave a comment:

• indigent
    replied
    Have you tried https:// ?

Works for me at current client site where they block everything

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Thanks, yep thought of that it just seemed too much hassle.

I think I'll just leave iGoogle to tell me the headers then use my N95 if anything looks interesting..

Leave a comment:

• cykophysh39
    replied
    how about taking your own laptop in with mobile broadband. that way you won't break the clients "fair use" internet policy. That's what I do.

Leave a comment:

• themistry
    replied
    I would suggest http://mail.google.com.

This works at my client site even though gmail.com is blocked,

TM

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Can you set it up as an HTTP email account in Outlook?

I do that with my Hotmail and rename it to "personal folders"

Leave a comment:

• KevinS
    replied
    If the TV/PS3 supports Bluetooth HID profile, then probably..

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by KevinS View Post
    Get one of these or one of these
    On a similar note would those work with TV/PS3?

Leave a comment:

• KevinS
    replied
    Get one of these or one of these

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    What about running the gmail app on your mobile?
    I do do that, it's just not as easy to manage the mail that way - I guess I need a keyboard not a keypad

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
    Guys / Gals, my current client doesn't allow access to Gmail, although their other Internet Access is fairly good - hence posting here.

I've customised an iGoogle page to show the e-mail headers, but I was wondering if there is anything else that would allow me to see content & possibly send / reply to e-mail without it actually being Gmail.

Other mail seems blocked as well - Yahoo etc
    What about running the gmail app on your mobile?

Leave a comment:

• crack_ho
    replied
    I always used the auto forward feature of gmail in this scenario. Obviously that wont give you reply-to access though.

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    started a topic Viewing Googlemail on site

Viewing Googlemail on site

Guys / Gals, my current client doesn't allow access to Gmail, although their other Internet Access is fairly good - hence posting here.

I've customised an iGoogle page to show the e-mail headers, but I was wondering if there is anything else that would allow me to see content & possibly send / reply to e-mail without it actually being Gmail.

Other mail seems blocked as well - Yahoo etc

Working...
X