• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Secure USB Flash Drive"

Collapse

• Tevh
    replied
    I recommend TrueCrypt ( http://www.truecrypt.org/ There are various encryption types all of which are extremely secure. A complete drive can be encrpyted or just a part and no info is stored on the host PC (everything is passed directly to RAM)
    It's easy to setup and use, perfect for financial info or anything else.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Just send it to yourself... but make it recorded post.

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Have a look at the ByteStor ones these come with a decent password access app on them.
    have a look at truecrypt too.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Have a look at the ByteStor ones these come with a decent password access app on them.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I know of someone who used a secure USB thing to store all their critically important and highly confidential files.

One day they plugged it in, typed in their passwords etc, and it said 0 files.

Oh Dear. Secure but not hugely reliable.

They were a little upset to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• Newbie000
    replied
    Hmmm personally I wouldn't use USBVault.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I just use USBvault to password protect everything on there that I want to protect.

Drag and drop the files onto a desktop icon - everything runs off the drive, so no need to install anything, and it's free.
    Seen this though... (easy to crack USBVault apparently)

http://keznews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12699 (work safe)

Leave a comment:

• poser
    replied
    i recently bought a 4gb sandisk cruzer. it comes with u3 software on it which has a built in security feature, though if you forget the password, the only way to use the stick again is to wipe everything...

also dont know how secure it is

Leave a comment:

• El_Diablo
    replied
    BeCrypt is good USB Vault too

What did you use?

el diablo

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    Try one of these. Cool as hell

http://www.becrypt.com/us/our_produc...ted_client.php

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    That could be an idea. I'll look into it.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I just use USBvault to password protect everything on there that I want to protect.

Drag and drop the files onto a desktop icon - everything runs off the drive, so no need to install anything, and it's free.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    started a topic Secure USB Flash Drive

Secure USB Flash Drive

Hello,

Anyone got recommendations for a secure USB flash drive, pref 4Gb in size.

Starting to take some fairly sensitive information home and need to make sure I dont do a HMRC.

Also, the less in terms of tulip that it installs in the way of software the better.

Any recommendations of what you know is good.

Cheers
    Richard

Working...
X