• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Annoying Internet Explorer problems"

Collapse

Guest replied
    use Opera instead

www.opera.com

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Annoying Internet Explorer problems

Annoying Internet Explorer problems

Have really irritating problems with IE on three different computers.

a) Win2000. The connection icon no longer appears in the tray. Worse, I am not prompted to connect on opening explorer or to log off when closing. I have been thorugh all the connection options 2000 times and they are set correctly. I have tried resetting and setting again the 'show connection icon' etc. to no effect. May be to do with fact that dial up networking brings up no connections.

b) Win98 computer 1. Thanks to some twit's posting in humour section, a 2nd IE window always comes up minimised. Seems to be no setting for changing that that I can find.

c) Win98 computer 2. A daft DOS type terminal window comes up on connection. In win2000, as I am sure there was in win98, the modems settings has a show terminal window option - bloody thing has disappeared.

Any suggestions on above gratefully received.

Working...
X