• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "wireless to wire kit"

Collapse

• n5gooner
    replied
    bingo

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I managed to find this
    http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx...ationKey=11178

It looks like its what I need.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    basically want a switch or hub which can take the wireless network and put it through ethernet cat5-e. else I've the hassle of buying everything a USB wireless thingi..... when I've got all the cables already. And it will be faster from PC to PC and PC to printer.
    in which case an ethenet router is fine, and if you need more than the 4 ports that come with it you'll be able to add a switch as well.....

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    My wife's office is in a building with a wireless network. But her office I think using cat5e would be the best to connect my laptop, he PC, my pC and the group printer (which has a 100Base-t connection). Any router kit out there that will do that?

I'm struggling in my search.

100Bast-T is normally terminated with a RJ45 socket / plug, this can be wired with CAT5e upwards.

Sounds like you just need a plain old Ethernet switch, with RJ45 connections, 99% of them have these connections now. BNC is long gone!!!

HTH

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    basically want a switch or hub which can take the wireless network and put it through ethernet cat5-e. else I've the hassle of buying everything a USB wireless thingi..... when I've got all the cables already. And it will be faster from PC to PC and PC to printer.

Leave a comment:

• smee.again
    replied
    My wife's office is in a building with a wireless network. But her office I think using cat5e would be the best to connect my laptop, he PC, my pC and the group printer (which has a 100Base-t connection). Any router kit out there that will do that?

The router will have ethernet ports, is that what your after? Maybe I have misread your post though...

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    started a topic wireless to wire kit

wireless to wire kit

Working...
X