• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Completely portable word processor?"

Collapse

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy
    How about the HTC Advantage

Not sure if it is available in Europe though.
    Still rediculously priced

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven
    Our Price: £880.08
    I want to write an occasional word document on the train, not process the human genome!

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    What about an OQO?

http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=129271

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Those HTC things look to be extremely expensive at the moment though, excellent as they may be. I managed to get my old Psion Series 5 going again at the weekend. I do have to use conversion software for the word files, but it's such an ideal machine for typing on that I'm happy enough to put up with the hassle for now.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy

That's the one I was thinking of - I just got the name wrong

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Had a look at the HTC this weekend in Media Markt, looked quite nice. I have an old Sony Clie which has a keyboard, screen opens up and twists around, camera, WLYN, bluetooth, MP3, etc which was pretty good for all of this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Phwoar. I'm going to check that one out. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Don't know if it will match your requirements but there are a few HTC phones that have a slide out full qwerty keyboard, run windows mobile and have pocket word/excel.

Leave a comment:

• Toffnana
    replied
    Know you'll still have to write it down but what about a dictaphone? At least then when the thought comes into your head you've got a way to record it.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964
    It fails on points 2-4, but a pad of paper and a pencil will work for point 1.
    That's what I'm hoping to upgrade from.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by timh
    WM smartphone with one of those little foldy keyboards?
    That's a possible, yeah. I'll keep looking around.

With the number of people "writing their first novel" you'd think a gadget like the one I'm after would be a dead cert for good sales. As soon as you get a PDA or a modern phone you end up with a load of other distractions and never get down to anything creative.

Leave a comment:

• timh
    replied
    WM smartphone with one of those little foldy keyboards?

Nothing as good as a Psion around, these days.. Recent Nokia Communicators might have usable keybaords?

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    It fails on points 2-4, but a pad of paper and a pencil will work for point 1.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    You'd have to install wm5torage and a better (=paid for) version of word than the free one though. Maybe that new large HTC thing (Athena?) might do it. Or a UMPC.

A tricky question though. I would definitely pay for a modern Psion 5 but running windows mobile, phone built in etc. The keyboard was awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Don't know if it will match your requirements but there are a few HTC phones that have a slide out full qwerty keyboard, run windows mobile and have pocket word/excel.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X