• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK postal code database"

Collapse

Guest replied
    you still looking for this?

I use AddressMap from www.arcenciel.co.uk/. Exposes both COM and .Net API's.

Costs £100 + VAT to get full UK postcodes plus full UK street-level maps.

BTW, I'm not affiliated with them in any way, like you I've gone through the list on the Royal Mail site and this lot turned out to be the cheapest and best solution for my needs.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yeh think you may be right Perl.

Interesting actually I had a look and he's right you can only get a list of the first 4 parts of the postcode.

I had the postoffice send me all of the data for SL & RG postcodes and then matched it to upmystreet.com for the socio-demographics so I could do a marketing campaign, but that took about 1.5 hours to crawl using an Excel macro.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Crawl upmystreet and pull everything.
    I crawled streetmap.com for lattitude and longitudes, and it took 3 days to get the postcode sectors (eg LS4 4xx). It would take about 2 years to get the full postcode file.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You could link to this webservice from your app assuming web access is available from your clients workstations.

Take a look

services.postcodeanywhere...ByPostcode

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks but Jibble doesn't give me the full address attached to the post code unfortunately.

Jason

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hint : Crawl upmystreet and pull everything.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Jason,

www.jibble.org/ukpostcodes/

This is just postcodes, and it doesn't guarantee that it is 100% correct - although it does seem to have a good spread of UK postcodes.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Kev

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic UK postal code database

UK postal code database

I'm developing an application in my spare time and I need it to link to a uk post code file.

Is there anywhere I can get a list of uk postal codes and the corresponding addresses on file to download into my own database? Preferably free or very cheap.

I've found links to the PAF (Royal Mail) lists on the web but the charges are quite high and I was wondering if there are alternatives.

Jason

Working...
X