• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Video upload/download site help"

Collapse

• weboo
    replied
    Try an FTP server

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    http://www.yousendit.com/

HTH

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    Can someone tell me of a site that allows me to download videos rather than just stream them? I was on a stag do and a few of us have some funny moments that we want to share and make into a bit of feature film to commemorate the event but sites like youtube only allow streaming and no actual download.
    Just upload the file to any webspace/FTP account. They can download in their browser using "Save File As" using HTTP or FTP.

BTW YouTube et al don't strictly stream, it's actually progressive HTTP download. Real streaming costs serious money and requires Flash Comm Server, Real Media Server, Darwin Streaming Server and usually HTTP (or any TCP protocol) is not used.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    photobox or photobucket (I can't remember which one, it's the virgin media one), allow videos as we1l as pictures !

Leave a comment:

• kirk
    replied
    You can download YouTube videos mate; try googling "download youtube video" and you get 33k + hits.

I've used a few in the past (can't remember which) and they worked fine, most are free as well

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    C'mon guys someone must know??? I just want something like youtube but with the facility for my mates to download and keep the file.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    started a topic Video upload/download site help

Video upload/download site help

Can someone tell me of a site that allows me to download videos rather than just stream them? I was on a stag do and a few of us have some funny moments that we want to share and make into a bit of feature film to commemorate the event but sites like youtube only allow streaming and no actual download.

Working...
X