• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Web Site Software

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Web Site Software"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    NetObjects Fusion

Completely GUI orientated, no knowledge of coding needed. You can focus on the design and let NOF do the rest.

Has lots of extra tools that make adding new features a doddle.

If you want to get down to code level to fine tune you can.

Best of both worlds.

Been using it for the last 8 years, since version 5, and we're on 10 now.

Linky Here

Leave a comment:

• cykophysh39
    replied
    How About Frontpage?
    Sitebuilder?
    Hot metal pro?

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    I use Dreamweaver and it's pretty good, although I must admit I use it like a glorified notepad so my input probably isn't that useful (It turns my code pretty colours!!!). If you are looking for a good free one try Quanta+ but I belive it is only available on KDE (Linux).
    It doesn't have to be free, just easy to use.

Moonfruit is ok, you get templates that are easy to modify.
    I've used VB in the past so a nice drag&drop GUI is what I'm looking for, with the added advantage of being able to C&P some HTML from stuff like Google ASdsense.

I've had a look at MS visual web developer express, but it look too complicated and messy to use.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I use Dreamweaver and it's pretty good, although I must admit I use it like a glorified notepad so my input probably isn't that useful (It turns my code pretty colours!!!). If you are looking for a good free one try Quanta+ but I belive it is only available on KDE (Linux).

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluebird
    Providing that I have absolute control & direction over your work, and you have no right of substitution.

what about MOO?!

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by cykophysh39
    Stop being a tight fisted taffy and pay a struggling web developer like myself a fair price :-)
    Providing that I have absolute control & direction over your work, and you have no right of substitution.

Whats you price ?

Leave a comment:

• cykophysh39
    replied
    Stop being a tight fisted taffy and pay a struggling web developer like myself a fair price :-)

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    try MS visual web developer express, you can build HTML pages with that in a visual/HTML way

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule
    Not really - it's a thing

vi is a text editor and so is textmate - suggesting that you should just write it all by hand.
    Thanks can any s then tell me what to use ?

I've heard dreamweaver mentioned although it's seems overkill for what I want, perhaps I'll just use MS Publisher / Frontpage

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluebird
    should this mean anything to me ?
    Not really - it's a thing

vi is a text editor and so is textmate - suggesting that you should just write it all by hand.

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule
    no - textmate, although you might have trouble running it on unix.
    should this mean anything to me ?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven
    vi?
    no - textmate, although you might have trouble running it on unix.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    vi?

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    I've had a website for commercial reasons for some time, it needs a refresh and the Moonfruit just isn't up to the job.

I also want to be able to add HTML code for things like Google Adsense which Moonfriut doesn't allow.

Leave a comment:

• weboo
    replied
    No need to develop with a so called tool....get a free portal/application from here:

http://www.dotnetnuke.com/

Then customize, install the free add-ons to your liking.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X