• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Compaq NT4

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Compaq NT4"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Re: depends

Only to a mug like me mate.

Of course, the photo on ebay, it wasn't obvious that it was Compaq only, and the disk comment is only visible once you've opened the damn thing...

Never mind, it was only £3.

We won't mention the voltmeter right now, it's just too painful... (and a lot more than £3).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

For use with Compaq Restore CD only.
    That one definitely won't work on a non-Compaq. It doesn't even work properly with some Compaqs!!
    I've just binned a load of old CDs, including about a dozen NT4 disks, still sealed, and about the same quantity of Office 97 Pro. I didn't realise I could have sold them !!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: For use with Compaq Restore CD only.

Cheers, Mark, that's about what I thought.

Looked ok in the photos, of course. Wonders of ebay, what?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Oh dear (tm)

I am sure I have some NT disks somewhere.

drop me an email if you want me to have a look.

mark at snowdon org

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I bought NT4 off ebay for £3.

It's "Compaq CD for Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Operating System".

Just wondered if anyone had any experience with this before I throw it in the bin.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    depends

I have seen it both ways....

what do you need ?

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Compaq NT4

Compaq NT4

Anyone know if the Compaq version of NT4 will work on any PC or is it restricted to their hardware only?

(Before I waste more hours of my life).

Working...
X