• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Got time on your hands?"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Re: re

that site is good for certain category of people - its paid for work so it is legit to put it onto CV and those who live in low cost countries can actually survive on it while learning IT.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Blimey there are some scary looking people on there....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    re

knob-all, unless you go to an event in USA I think. But there are big IT employers hawking it (I think it's sponsored by Intel)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

how much do they pay for it?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    re

try going in the arena and trying the 1000 point problems. a degree in maths anyone?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

have you noticed that majority of rated programmers are from the USA, and this brings me to question - why are they working for fk all? Concept of the site is interesting but projects are offering waaaay too little even for me to bother, yet it appears that lots of USA folk are into it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

And perhaps more importantly, everybody's beating India

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    re

we're beating the yanks, lovely

www.topcoder.com/stat?c=c...avg_rating

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You must be joking.

Spend a whole day on it and 1st prize is only $10,000.

I couldn't take the rate cut.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Got time on your hands?

Got time on your hands?

try out this:
    www.topcoder.com/pl/?&mod...e_overview

the marking for your code is pretty stringent (or is it my slap-dash coding?)

Working...
X