• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Americans visiting Italy"

Collapse

Guest replied
    AFAIK, most recent notebooks should operate anywhere in the world without any problems.

All they might need is a telephone adaptor (mentioned on another thread) to convert the RJ11 to whatever they use in Italy (usually available in any phone/computer store upon arrival anyway), and to confirm their notebook power adaptor is variable voltage (ask them to check the bottom, it should say something like 100-220V).

Besides that theres nothing else, as any fax or scanner again will be compatible with Windows and use basic standards like G3 and Twain, although I would still suggest checking that anything they buy is variable voltage as converters aren't always cheap and sometimes weigh a ton.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Americans visiting Italy

Americans visiting Italy

Here are some questions I've been asked by some US friends who are planning to visit Italy next year. Can anyone help? Or point me in the direction of the answers. Cheers. NGGU

When we go to Italy we are going to take our own I.B.M. laptop with us. Will we be able to use the telephone lines in Sicily and Tuscany to operate it? Do we need any type of special adaptor(s) for it? What kind of power adaptor should we or can we use? If we want to use a scanner or fax machine, can we buy one there and would it be compatable to use with our computer and the Italian techology systems?

Working...
X