• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Problem with Epson Printer"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Yep, I had that

Was on the Epson 500 that my wife had been using. Rollers were completely gunged up with ink. Just gave it a good scrubbing with a load of wet wipes. Hold the wet wipe on the roller and press formfeed, the rollers turn and get cleaned. Keep doing this until all the rollers are nice and sparkly.
    The ink used is waterbased anyway so damp (note damp not soggy) should remove the ink.
    Printer worked fine after that.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Hi Norman

Don't know about epson, but I have an HP and you can get a special cleaning kit with CD driver to clean all the workings of the PC for free on the HP site, or at least you could. Works for 5 cleans, thereafter you have to buy the sheets of special material. Makes a great scrubbing sound as it cleans all the rollers and gubbins. Epson must do the same (?), but it may not be free.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Hi Norman

I found it cheaper to chuck my 750 away and buy a new one.

Might not be the answer you were looking for though

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Norman

Seems we may know each other. If The Clive Peters Studio. CCTV or Sierra One means anything to you feel free to email me at anytime. [email protected] Roger.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Please bear with me if I've got the wrong person - but is "ClivePeters" someone I know ?
    If so, if I say "wiggle wiggle wiggle" would that mean anything to you ?
    If so, give me a pos id.
    Standing by.

Norman

p.s. no I'm not a nutter - just that your reported problem could be a really scary coincedence !

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Problem with Epson Printer

Problem with Epson Printer

Can anyone help me with the following problem. I have been using an Epson Stylus Photo 750 Printer for about 2 years. A few days ago I noticed that the 12 small rubber paper transport rollers which are situated inside the printer just behind the ink cartridges, were showing a slight staining of black ink on the roller edges. These stains are now being transfered as lines to any document that I print. Does anyone know of a safe way to clean these rollers or is it a full service type job.

Working...
X