• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fasthosts / Access Databases"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Re: Access

Tx,
    Have resolved it now, appeared to be a contention between the application and frontpage.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Access

I don't know what fasthosts are but I am with a .NET host and use SQLServer, however, when I wrote an Access layer it decided NOT to do updates, specifically updates, everything else it did. Personally I think their pushing SQLServer so hard, since they've had to drop the fees for installing COM on the server they have to make it somewhere. If I use Access for little apps this just keeps my SQL space down, which they don't want.

There was no problem when I asked them to fix it.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Fasthosts / Access Databases

Fasthosts / Access Databases

Anyone had any experiences with using fasthosts with an access db. Update actions do not work must be something to do with the security ~ but I can't find anything that allows me to change access rights on the web.

Working...
X