• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pluralsight: 5 year free Microsoft azure course subscription"

Collapse

• hairymouse
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I'm currently working through the MS Learning on Azure so I have more of a clue in meetings at ClientCo . It can mostly be left to the architects to battle over but I need to know the basics and the fundamentals course seems to be well pitched for my attention span.
    I got that Fundamentals certification even though it wasn't required for me. It will certainly be helpful to be able to talk about Azure in front of clients, but it seemed focused on picky details that have either changed since then or been forgotten.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    It's far from clear how this actually works. The link button on the page seems to take you to the generic Pluralsight create new account page. I didn't see anything special anywhere on the site promoting this offer. I did follow the links and run one of the courses which seemed to work for free even though I don't have a current subscription.

Too bad I don't really like Pluralsight courses as they are so boring and samey. I find the free Microsoft Learning path content much better

Browse all - Learn | Microsoft Docs

Thanks for the post though, I may go back and check out some highlights.
    The MS learning path content wasn't as complete as the Pluralsight courses when I last looked.
    Azure Fundamentals (AZ 900) is covered, but once you start down one of the more advanced paths (e.g. Expert level) I found MS didn't provide the stuff you need.

The pluralsight courses are referenced by several study guides and blogs as they're very comprehensive. There are a couple of awful trainers who should be removed IMO, but then there are some real gems who really know their stuff. e.g. John Savill

The issue with out-of-date content is because it is a subscription model for the whole platform, so there is no incentive for individual trainers to keep their courses up to date. A platform like Udemy is pay-per-course so you find the trainers are always updating content, as they often have to compete with other trainers for the same course content.

Pluralsight is still my favourite for Azure though. I used it to prepare for my last two exams, and it was even better than the MS official MOC syllabus courses that I tried.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    It's far from clear how this actually works. The link button on the page seems to take you to the generic Pluralsight create new account page. I didn't see anything special anywhere on the site promoting this offer. I did follow the links and run one of the courses which seemed to work for free even though I don't have a current subscription.

Too bad I don't really like Pluralsight courses as they are so boring and samey. I find the free Microsoft Learning path content much better

I'm currently working through the MS Learning on Azure so I have more of a clue in meetings at ClientCo . It can mostly be left to the architects to battle over but I need to know the basics and the fundamentals course seems to be well pitched for my attention span.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    This is an interesting health warning:

As some one who uses Pluralsight, works in Azure and has used their training material for it, these courses are OK to give a background and probably a decent overview of how Azure hangs together.

However, a lot of it is out of date and has details that are missing or wrong (not unusual for MS courses, I'm sure a lot of people will have experienced themselves), and with something like Azure where things are added, changed or removed frequently, sometimes on a daily basis, you might struggle to apply what is in the material to real life use.
    As long as you bear that in mind, it does seem like a good deal.

Leave a comment:

• Pluralsight: 5 year free Microsoft azure course subscription

I believe that this is quite a good deal...

Deal

Working...
X