• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Restricing/blocking wifi"

Collapse

• v8gaz
    replied
    +1 for Ubiqity kit. I have a couple of their access points, and the management tools are awesome.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Ubiquiti AmplifiHD allows you to stop the internet to specific devices on demand or on a schedule you can also assign several devices to a user and stop them all at once. all done from user friendly app on your phone, both locally and remotely.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    No need.

I understand there are already plenty of such images already there
    The lad's increased the human to sheep ratio to get his dad ostracized by his local community.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    No need.

Not as many as on cojak's, NAT's and WTFH's computers. Before they "volunteered" to be CUK mods.....

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And with Aspergers, is probably hacking into PC's CUK account now. Before planting incriminating images on Dad's computer.....
    No need.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Don't tell them that you're a consultant / contractor / freelancer / independent etc etc, though or they won't give you one.

Mine is unplugged these days anyway since I moved to Velop.
    I’ll take it off your hands if it’s going spare

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    If he's got a phone, surely that will be able to connect to the internet without WiFi anyway?
    And with Aspergers, is probably hacking into PC's CUK account now. Before planting incriminating images on Dad's computer.....

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Ideal would be a way to disable for specific devices (his pc and phone, sky maybe) or allow for specific devices and be able to turn off easily (remotely if possible).
    If he's got a phone, surely that will be able to connect to the internet without WiFi anyway?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Get on one of the Meraki webinars for a free access point, I have a group policy set up for the kids which is restricted by time and content, if they piss me off I can disable individual devices or the entire group
    Don't tell them that you're a consultant / contractor / freelancer / independent etc etc, though or they won't give you one.

Mine is unplugged these days anyway since I moved to Velop.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    open up the admin page on the router.
    Add scheduling rules 22:00 - 07:00 all days
    Add ip address/mac address to list of blocked devices
    Add what you want blocking ie ports/protocol etc

Done.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    As in "parental issues"?
    Nope. OCD and probably Aspergers.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Kids : We are talking to people
    Friend : Not to me

Studies probably show that most adults contacting kids online aren't actually pedoes, just their parents having to use subterfuge to get a conversation out of them.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    My friend(yes really!) had issues with his kids spending too much time in their room on their devices. So he turned off the router.

Kids : Router has gone off
    Friend : I turned it off
    Kids : Why
    Friend : As you are not talking to anyone
    Kids : We are talking to people
    Friend : Not to me

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Sure I'm not the only one with a teenage kid....

Obvious solution is change password but then thats just hassle for everyone else, sky box, etc etc.

Ideal would be a way to disable for specific devices (his pc and phone, sky maybe) or allow for specific devices and be able to turn off easily (remotely if possible).

Any such thing exists? BTW got a TP link router (to replace the bog standard bt one).

Now all I need to do is restrict sky without taking card out.
    Get on one of the Meraki webinars for a free access point, I have a group policy set up for the kids which is restricted by time and content, if they piss me off I can disable individual devices or the entire group

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Aye. I wish nluk.

As I'm sure I've mentioned before hes got "issues" which make things more difficult anyway.
    As in "parental issues"?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X