• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is CWLHttp4xx when using AWS"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    You guessed

I am Pierre Trudeau

Honest

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    You're a prime minister?
    Canada?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I am not a fooookin Project Manager

You're a prime minister?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I am not a fooookin Project Manager

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    **** I read that but I was thinking that 4xx meant something specific not just a 404 error etc

But thanks for your input
    No worries, one of those common problems when a PM tries to be technical.

No need to beat yourself up about it

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

ee
    **** I read that but I was thinking that 4xx meant something specific not just a 404 error etc

But thanks for your input

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    First result in Google:

ee

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    ah I think I got it

so a CWLHttp4xx is showing all instances of when the user got a http4xx error

and similar to http5xx showing http5xx error types

cheers all!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    So does Average CWLHttp4xx mean when looking at the AWS console?

Interestingly enough that a google search brings back a total of 2 results

of which 1 points to github and goes to a 404 page not found? which interestingly apparently a 404 error is something to do with cwlhttp4xx

anyone able to explain in plain english?
    First result in Google:

Using Elastic Beanstalk with Amazon CloudWatch Logs - AWS Elastic Beanstalk

With CloudWatch Logs, you can monitor and archive your Elastic Beanstalk application, system, and custom log files. Furthermore, you can configure alarms that make it easier for you to take actions in response to specific log stream events that your metric filters extract. The CloudWatch Logs agent installed on each Amazon EC2 in your environment publishes metric data points to the CloudWatch service for each log group you configure. Each log group applies its own filter patterns to determine what log stream events to send to CloudWatch as data points. Log streams that belong to the same log group share the same retention, monitoring, and access control settings. For more information about CloudWatch Logs, including terminology and concepts, go to Monitoring System, Application, and Custom Log Files.

The following figure displays graphs on the Monitoring page for an environment that is configured with CloudWatch Logs integration. The example metrics in this environment are named CWLHttp4xx and CWLHttp5xx. In the image, the CWLHttp4xx metric has triggered an alarm according to conditions specified in the configuration files.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Nah it's only raising an alarm because it is over the threshold to raise an alarm...

problem is no one seems to be able to tell me what this actually means so no idea what sort of threshold to set...

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Check the service dashboard:
    AWS Service Health Dashboard - Sep 22, 2016 PDT

You might need to raise a ticket

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    started a topic What is CWLHttp4xx when using AWS

What is CWLHttp4xx when using AWS

So does Average CWLHttp4xx mean when looking at the AWS console?

Interestingly enough that a google search brings back a total of 2 results

of which 1 points to github and goes to a 404 page not found? which interestingly apparently a 404 error is something to do with cwlhttp4xx

anyone able to explain in plain english?

Working...
X