• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Crazy Interview Tests"

Collapse

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMonkey
    Classic. I applied for a gig there but lost it on the personality test, mainly because I openly admitted that I really don't trust other people not to f*k up and leave me in the sh*t.
    Stange I think I answered exactly the same. Was it at the Nottingham office? There was so much eye candy round there...it was stupid.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    * Capital One gave me a personality questionaire, work experiance questionaire and maths test. Pished over the maths but they said I failed the work experiance as I didnt have enough (well why did you invite me to the interviews morons...you read my CV the same as everyone else)....and that I didnt fit the psych profile of the company (even though the test said there are no right or wrong answers). Maybe it was the question "other peoples problems bother me" to which I responded "no". If they were my problems they would bother me and these by definition are other peoples problems so by definition they dont bother me.
    Classic. I applied for a gig there but lost it on the personality test, mainly because I openly admitted that I really don't trust other people not to f*k up and leave me in the sh*t.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyOldMan
    replied
    I always fancied Ruth in a big way you know.
    We once worked together, for a very brief period of time, and one day in the lounge bar she asked me for a double entendre.
    So I gave her one.
    She enjoyed it very much.
    And so did I

Leave a comment:

• DirtyOldMan
    replied
    Ahhh but you still got the job though. Good man !

What's it like there, now that Colin's dead and Ruth's just left ?

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Where do I start....

* Went for a job at ASDA as Santa Claus...was asked to draw what Santa Claus looked like on some scrap paper. (didnt get the gig....f*ckers)

* Went for an interview at the "Big W" and I was asked to do a dance for the line manager. I wasnt reserved or professional in telling him that I wasnt interested.

* Went for another interview and they asked me to build a foam bridge and crawl through it. I also injured someone with a foam brick.

* Capital One gave me a personality questionaire, work experiance questionaire and maths test. Pished over the maths but they said I failed the work experiance as I didnt have enough (well why did you invite me to the interviews morons...you read my CV the same as everyone else)....and that I didnt fit the psych profile of the company (even though the test said there are no right or wrong answers). Maybe it was the question "other peoples problems bother me" to which I responded "no". If they were my problems they would bother me and these by definition are other peoples problems so by definition they dont bother me.

* National Stagecoach got some actress to scream at me to see how I would react. I was tempted to scream back....louder.

Thats about it.

Leave a comment:

• sparklelard
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Erm, you can light a candle in a spaceship. They've obviously not tried.

It'll probably go bang due to the high oxygen levels in manned spacecraft.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy
    If you did the flame would be spherical and heat would be dispersed equally in all directions.
    Ah ha, that is the answer to a different question: "why can't you light a candle during free-fall", but it is Oxford after all, so one has to make allowances.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Didn't one of the Apollo ships get burned out on the pad and kill the astronauts. Bloody candles!!

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    It's easy enough if you leave the spaceship on earth while you do it.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded

If you did the flame would be spherical and heat would be dispersed equally in all directions.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    It's worse getting in to Oxbridge

Q What percentage of the world’s water is contained in a cow? (veterinary medicine, Cambridge)

Q Explain how a perm works (biochemistry, molecular and cellular, Oxford)

Q Here’s a piece of bark, please talk about it (biological sciences, Oxford)

Q Why do so few Americans believe in evolution? (human sciences, Oxford)

Q Are you cool? (philosophy, politics and economics, Oxford)

Q Why don’t we just have one ear in the middle of our face? (medicine, Cambridge)

Q Put a monetary value on this teapot (PPE, Oxford)

Q If there were three beautiful, naked women standing in front of you, which one would you pick? Does this have any relevance to economics? (PPE, Oxford)

Q Of all 19th-century politicians, which one was most like Tony Blair? (PPE, Oxford)

Q Why can’t you light a candle in a spaceship? (physics, Oxford)

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by mcquiggd
    You can't drop a round manhole cover down the hole.
    Wrong. Only people who have never actually lifted and replaced such things would think so. Actually it is possible to drop a round manhole cover down the hole. The lip it rests on doesn't generally go all the way around, if it did you'd get problems with lifting the cover due to vacuum, so it you get it just right you can drop it down the hole. Incidentally in the UK they discovered this many many years ago and is why they used to be triangular, and is actually harder to drop down t'ole.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    It's because that's the shape of the manhole, surely.
    A correct answer.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    I had a telephone interview yesterday.... opening sentence from Doris was " we are actually looking for an ex bank employee"

Total waste of time....antipodean fcukwit

Leave a comment:

Working...
X