• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Moving itunes to new Laptop"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Its easy peasy!

Easiest way would be to allow iTunes to organise your music library for you so that you just have a single folder that you can move, otherwise have a look at iTunes Library.xml at the <key>Location</key> and do a find and replace with old location and new location, this will work for playlists, podcasts and everything.

Back up the xml and itl files before you do anything though

Leave a comment:

• worzelGummidge
    replied
    I use iMazing. I had to pay for it though.

I tried iTunes and found it to be rubbish for the user and very good from Apple's perspective.

With iMazing, the iPhone is usable just like an Android device - i.e. mounted as though it is a USB device.

There are some other alternatives but this seemed to be the best.

Search for "iTunes alternative"

p.s. It also converts movies just like an Android device does.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    rsync

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by newmove View Post
    I have used copytrans on several occasions. It's all you need.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• newmove
    replied
    Originally posted by JRCT View Post
    Sorry to jump in on this. Would that deal with audiobooks and podcasts, too?

I've copied my music over, but this hasn't followed, for some reason.
    Yes it moved all my audio books. It would ask you to input your password to authorise your purchased music that are drm protected.

Leave a comment:

• JRCT
    replied
    Originally posted by newmove View Post
    Sorry to jump in on this. Would that deal with audiobooks and podcasts, too?

I've copied my music over, but this hasn't followed, for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• newmove
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Hi - has anyone moved itunes to a new laptop? No probs with the actual music but I want to keep data such as playlists, playcounts etc. I found a software online called Copytrans - has anybody used this or suggest something else? I would have thought very simple but you never know with apple.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    started a topic Moving itunes to new Laptop

Moving itunes to new Laptop

Hi - has anyone moved itunes to a new laptop? No probs with the actual music but I want to keep data such as playlists, playcounts etc. I found a software online called Copytrans - has anybody used this or suggest something else? I would have thought very simple but you never know with apple.

Working...
X