• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good pubs in London"

Collapse

• rsingh
    replied
    The Fox in Putney. It's 5 mins from my bed...

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I think that's a RealityHack favourite haunt
    It is indeed.

The Punch Tavern's not bad either. Nice atmosphere.

Both on Fleet Street.

The Dove near Hammersmith is one of the best.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    We used to go to The Speaker in Westminster - no new things (like TV or music or games machines) but a bit cramped.

Lots of variety of beer, though.

Leave a comment:

• UncleTalon
    replied
    I like the Dovetail at Clerkenwell myself, nicely hidden, no loud music, great Belgian beer and really good food. Avoid on Friday evenings though.
    Dovetail Bar - Clerkenwell, London - Bars

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Not as good as it used to be, it's a tad on the grotty side, which is a shame.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Also in that area is one of the few acceptable Wetherspoon's pubs; the Crosse Keys. Come to think of it - I haven't been in there since, well, before the summer.
    Not as good as it used to be, it's a tad on the grotty side, which is a shame.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Am becoming a fan of the Swan in Leadenhall.

New Moon is also ok.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Decent pub near bank (2 stops from Old st)/monument/liverpool st, not exactly central london but a lot of the regular attendees seem to be city based

Counting house, good selection of ales, serves food

And you can reserve an area/table which is always good the the pub is often packed.
    Also in that area is one of the few acceptable Wetherspoon's pubs; the Crosse Keys. Come to think of it - I haven't been in there since, well, before the summer.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    I think the Euston Tap would be a good location

Pub Notes: First Impressions of The Euston Tap | Blog o' Beer

The main bar area is small, but up the staircase (and what a staircase!) there's a larger room we could meet. The pub's main selling point is the range of beers, which should appeal to some here.

another linky

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mal P View Post
    Ye Old Cheshire Cheese is a great one, and a very ancient one to boot.
    I think that's a RealityHack favourite haunt

Leave a comment:

• Mal P
    replied
    Ye Old Cheshire Cheese is a great one, and a very ancient one to boot.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    The Ferryboat Inn

Country pub feel in Tottenham Hale, beer garden, food is ok, next to canal/river and reservoirs.

Ferryboat Inn

Recent find after living in the area for a year!!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Decent pub near bank (2 stops from Old st)/monument/liverpool st, not exactly central london but a lot of the regular attendees seem to be city based

Counting house, good selection of ales, serves food

And you can reserve an area/table which is always good the the pub is often packed.
    Last edited by norrahe; 13 November 2010, 16:43.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    A decent pub in the Paddington area (gasps!)

Mitre, Paddington, London, W2 3QM - pub details # beerintheevening.com

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    I always think London pubs aren't really much - far finer pubs are to be found elsewhere in the UK. However the following isn't bad:

Salisbury, Leicester Square, London, WC2N 4AP - pub details # beerintheevening.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X