• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Excuses to raise taxes"

Collapse

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Diestl
    Camel Casing is what I use
    Always stuck with Camel Humping myself. Taught to me by an old Arab friend of my father, who single-handedly defeated Irwin Rommel in the North African campaign - allegedly.

ps.

Q: Why are camels known as the 'ships of the desert' ?

A: Because they are full of Arabian semen.
    Last edited by bogeyman; 7 August 2006, 18:37.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Calling Prawn... Calling Prawn...

We could be brothers in arms you know.

What bit of .NOT did you work on?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Diestl
    Camel Casing is what I use, I also put a _ before private variables helps with unintellisense. The type of the variable is obvious when using VS so Hungarian notation is redundant.

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    Camel Casing is what I use, I also put a _ before private variables helps with unintellisense. The type of the variable is obvious when using VS so Hungarian notation is redundant.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    I worked on .NET for MS for many yrs thanks and was paid handsomely. So well that I named my house Microsoft House, since they paid for it.

Scary!

What bit of .NET?

Where did you work - Winnersh? Reading?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman
    What? Like MS coding standards are supposed to be the pinnacle of good coding practice or something?

Have you ever done any work for MS, Prawn?
    I worked on .NET for MS for many yrs thanks and was paid handsomely. So well that I named my house Microsoft House, since they paid for it.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    sas?
    Now, now AtW - I mentioned no names

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    some head-up-arse, armchair guru.
    sas?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    He actually did, that's why (allegedly) Vista is so late
    Ah - that explains it.

To be fair though - one of the best books I ever read on coding (Knuth and all that dull, dry as dust, boring tulip aside) was 'Code Complete - A Practical Handbook of Software Construction' by Steve McConnell of Microsoft.

Excellent book if you're a jobbing developer rather than some head-up-arse, armchair guru.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    He actually did, that's why (allegedly) Vista is so late

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    AtW you really are an idiot.

no one uses Hungarian notation with .NET

Read the Microsoft design and coding std's
    What? Like MS coding standards are supposed to be the pinnacle of good coding practice or something?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I don't work for Microsoft. AtW's Ltd requires programmers to use Hungarian notation and be grateful that Reverse Polish Notation is no longer required.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    AtW you really are an idiot.

no one uses Hungarian notation with .NET

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by mcquiggd
    postCount++;
    I hate it when first letter is lowercased in vars, wtf happened with good old notation that clearly shows which type is any given variable, ie: iCounter for integer counter.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    postCount++;

Leave a comment:

Working...
X