• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Contractor Looks ?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor Looks ?"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Oi!

Leave the dishy redhead alone

Leave a comment:

• King Cnvt
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    In fact in the case of DBA's I have a theory that only when they have acheived buddha like fatness are they worth talking to

HTH
    Isn't SallyAnne an Oracle DBA? Maybe you have a point there...

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba
    The guy calls himself Troll. There's a limit to how good one of those can look, Paul Smith or no Paul Smith.
    Eh? do you resemble Anthony Quinn?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy
    Troll old boy - you missed the gag.
    Nope... chose not to respond

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    You bit....
    Troll old boy - you missed the gag.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    You bit....

Image is everything young man...

The guy calls himself Troll. There's a limit to how good one of those can look, Paul Smith or no Paul Smith.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy
    Oi! As a developer I resemble that remark
    You bit....

I'd like to point out that in my experience(including very current experience ) there is a strong correlation between sharp dressing and being a complete f*ckwit.
    Image is everything young man...

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    However.. & without exception, every developer I have ever come across has been ugly, and every DBA has been fat.
    In fact in the case of DBA's I have a theory that only when they have acheived buddha like fatness are they worth talking to
    Oi! As a developer I resemble that remark

I'd like to point out that in my experience(including very current experience ) there is a strong correlation between sharp dressing and being a complete f*ckwit.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Even though I say it myself... I'm a bit of a looker in a George Clooney type way.
    I have built a successful career on sharp dressing and looking like I know wtf I'm talking about... this could be summed up as 'style over substance'

However.. & without exception, every developer I have ever come across has been ugly, and every DBA has been fat.

HTH
    A similar mantra to, "Never trust a thin Chef"

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Even though I say it myself... I'm a bit of a looker in a George Clooney type way.
    I have built a successful career on sharp dressing and looking like I know wtf I'm talking about... this could be summed up as 'style over substance'

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I know I look good.
    tell myself that every morning in the mirror

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    started a poll Contractor Looks ?

Contractor Looks ?

Yes
    53.13%
    No
    28.13%
    Yes Indirectly.
    12.50%
    No - less attractive people are more sharp than attractive people.
    6.25%
    Do you think the way you look is related to your success as a contractor/in life in general ?

I’ve just noticed that my ugliness has started a new level of development. Not to mention that I have to live with nose that is bigger than what you normally find on people’s face , but now my neck is starting to look fat and not fit.

Might give some thought later , about lying under the scalpel
    Last edited by 2uk; 19 July 2007, 20:15.

Working...
X