• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Had a Dilbert week!"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956
    Just done it again. Asked someone a simple question about training courses, and got accused of putting undue pressure on her. Maybe it's me. Or maybe people are too sensitive.
    I've seen & had similar scenarios with permies, easily upset by bad contractor man- the offices seem to be run as clubs, you're either in or your out.
    Looking back there are a few occasions when I wish I'd thumped permies for being such a prima donnas but eventually you learn to rise above it, think of how much more you make than them & just get on with the job in hand.

Being a permie yourself it must be more frustrating not being able to do an inward sneer

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Just done it again. Asked someone a simple question about training courses, and got accused of putting undue pressure on her. Maybe it's me. Or maybe people are too sensitive.
    Perhaps it's not what you say, it's the way you say it!

Did you have her bent over a desk with your hands around her throat at the time?

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked
    Well sometimes people hear what they want to hear. I have looked at what some people have done afterwards and really questioned if we were in the same meeting.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I've just started a permie job at the place where I was contracting for 6 months. I make a point never to burn bridges, you never know when you might need to revisit old haunts.

The worrying thing is I don't remember saying what it was I was supposed to have said, and it doesn't sound like the sort of thing I would say anyway. But I trust the person who took offence 100%, so I must have said it.
    Well sometimes people hear what they want to hear. I have looked at what some people have done afterwards and really questioned if we were in the same meeting.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Are you near the end of your contract ?
    The urge to burn bridges can get too strong sometimes.
    Wife: you're on your own with that one.
    I've just started a permie job at the place where I was contracting for 6 months. I make a point never to burn bridges, you never know when you might need to revisit old haunts.

The worrying thing is I don't remember saying what it was I was supposed to have said, and it doesn't sound like the sort of thing I would say anyway. But I trust the person who took offence 100%, so I must have said it.

Leave a comment:

• timh
    replied
    incompetents
    incompetence
    Not to mention irony

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Was it a good thread?

What was it about?
    It made a reference to a member of the site and a potential liaison with a well known super model. Someone even replied to it, but then next time I looked - gone.

I can't believe it was that offensive. But Hey Ho. Life goes on...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I'm not going to post anything meaningful in here in case I offend. I've already had one thread removed today.
    Don't know if I've had any threads removed on this site yet, can't be bothered to check.

My motto - Never look back

Ps. probably explains the rear end damage to my car

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I seem to be doing it a lot lately. I've offended someone at work recently. And the wife as well.
    Are you near the end of your contract ?
    The urge to burn bridges can get too strong sometimes.
    Wife: you're on your own with that one.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Nah! can't believe that Moose!

You are more of an irritent than an offence

just kidding

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver
    Bump
    I seem to be doing it a lot lately. I've offended someone at work recently. And the wife as well.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I'm not going to post anything meaningful in here in case I offend. I've already had one thread removed today.
    Bump

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    started a topic Had a Dilbert week!

Had a Dilbert week!

Dilbert: I’ve just been to a good meeting.

Catbert: Maybe the meeting didn’t last long enough for the incompetents of the attendees to become apparent.

Dilbert: That’s what I call a good meeting.

Catbert: I’m having a bad meeting.

Working...
X