• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "In fact, that's worth it's own thread"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba
    DS23, you're in the wrong thread.

Shouldn't that read: DS23 you're wrong in the head?

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23
    but he can't
    DS23, you're in the wrong thread.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by unemployed
    i supported a bank in the city that was running midas, ran off their as400 system ,

8 years ago now, but i remember it to be their money transfer system based in the banks treasury . similar to chaps and swift.

oh the joys of getting ibm personal communications to talk to the big black box.
    Midas is modular, so it can do pretty much most vanilla trades in a variety of areas (MM, FX, Securities, Derivatives). Midas is essentially an accounting system, not a money transfer system - although these days it does produce a hell of a lot of message types.

And talking to the even bigger black is slightly easier these days, but there is still the arcane mystery of MQ Series and QSNADS

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    i supported a bank in the city that was running midas, ran off their as400 system ,

8 years ago now, but i remember it to be their money transfer system based in the banks treasury . similar to chaps and swift.

oh the joys of getting ibm personal communications to talk to the big black box.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by r0bly0ns
    I once worked on an ERP called Midas when I was a permie.

Can't believe that it would ever needed consultants though, or the company would have allowed a 3rd party to look at it!
    Nope, I'll put you out of your misery...

Core Banking

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
    What is Midas?
    I once worked on an ERP called Midas when I was a permie.

Can't believe that it would ever needed consultants though, or the company would have allowed a 3rd party to look at it!

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    but he can't

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    he'd even like to sleep at night,

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    nothing he can do is right.