• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Should I....

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should I...."

Collapse

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Dull, dull, dull posting from a dullard.

Ay man, ya dissin annuder Leicester Bro, berry ya disrespect or da blades a comin' an me pop ma peice when ya sleepin, innit.

(Er, in keeping with current news events in the General forum)

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Dull, dull, dull posting from a dullard.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    You're probably right; I thought my HP Spectrum Analyzer qualified... unfortunately I used it to set up my Sky dish... ooops.
    As long as the Sky was for business usage then thats ok

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    Had to order a new sack truck today as my last one gave out at the weekend. I suspect that this could be the only 100% valid business expense ever put through by people on these forums :
    You're probably right; I thought my HP Spectrum Analyzer qualified... unfortunately I used it to set up my Sky dish... ooops.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    We're so rock and roll sometimes its scary.

Leave a comment:

• BOBJ
    replied
    Had to order a new sack truck today as my last one gave out at the weekend.
    What a great anecdote. You truckers really know how to live

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by freakydancer
    Go truckin'!
    Already there...

Had to order a new sack truck today as my last one gave out at the weekend. I suspect that this could be the only 100% valid business expense ever put through by people on these forums (joke - although it is a valid expense...I mean why else would I need one)

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Go truckin'!

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Yes. They haven't found that part of the contract (yet).
    You didn't do a BOFH contract on 'em did you?

If not, you should have done.

Oh well, too late now.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    is your client stupid?
    Yes. They haven't found that part of the contract (yet).

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    is your client stupid?

They do not have to provide you with work.
    If you are not working you are not getting paid.
    They could give you a months notice and just tell you to go home.

Get over it. Get out there and find another contract

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    I'd rather take the tax hit on this one as the notice period even with paying full tax would give me more than I am getting at the moment. This is a "why didnt we see if this guy was needed before recruiting him".

Leave a comment:

• mictech
    replied
    Notice periods are a pointer to employment, you might as well be a permie and pay full NI and taxs.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    started a poll Should I....

Should I....

Go Permie
    5.88%
    Go Postal
    5.88%
    Go Emo
    17.65%
    Go Get Drunk
    70.59%
    Go Other (describe)
    0.00%
    Some options for you as my current place are trying to change my 4 weeks notice into 1 week as they don't want to pay me (someone though I was on a 1 week notice so left it till the last minute to tell me....shame they didnt read the contract).

Working...
X