• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "moving from outside IR35 to inside IR35 or employment in March"

Collapse

• GigiBronz
    replied
    I don't know how to answer your question but:
    - you might have to pay 13.8%employer nics, 0.5% apprenticeship levy, 12% employee nics if you take <50k in income not dividends;
    - if you don't work you don't incur travel, food, umbrella expenses.
    So probably less.
    HIH BIDI
    Last edited by GigiBronz; 17 January 2020, 23:08.

Leave a comment:

• moving from outside IR35 to inside IR35 or employment in March

HI All,

situation is this

I work outside IR35. contract ends at the end of February.
    Is it worth working through March in any PAYE or inside IR35 contract?

the problem is I am going to take all my salary and dividends to 50k limit (before higher rate) anyway in this tax year.

so working in PAYE in March would make me pay 40% high rate tax + 10% employees NIC if I am not wrong.
    + I have child benefits around 2k for this year.

so let's say I get paid 6k in March. 6k -50% - 2k = 1k. for the whole month of work. - it looks like there is no point doing that.

Unless I don't understand PAYE and somehow I can work in March and get paid in the next tax year?

Thoughts?
    Thanks!

Working...
X