• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "HMRC enquiries for EBT/loan schemes managed by Montpelier"

Collapse

• TheFlyer
    replied
    Originally posted by webberg View Post
    If the scheme is not DOTAS, then no APN (for the moment).
    If you have not had an enquiry letter/discovery assessment, no liability for periods before 2011/12.
    If you remain worried about interest (3% pa) put the cash "by" in the form of a Certificate of Tax Deposit that will effectively stop the interest accruing.
    No idea about 08/09 onwards on your scheme
    So if no enquiry for April 2009 to April 2011 you are ok? After that I assume the laws changed and you can be done, is that correct? Is that what you are saying? What if you were investigated for other years prior to this on another scheme? Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFlyer View Post
    So what if you done the MTM loan scheme and never heard anything from HMRC?
    If you have no enquiry open, join neither.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    From what I have asked and found out, the loan scheme is not DOTAS registered and they we are not been done at the moment. To be honest I have no idea. All I can do is try and raise the money and put it by I guess. Thing is the accruing interest on it that is a real issue. Someone told me once that 2008/2009 was OK on the loan scheme, and it is the years after that where they will get you. Any idea if that is true or not?
    If the scheme is not DOTAS, then no APN (for the moment).
    If you have not had an enquiry letter/discovery assessment, no liability for periods before 2011/12.
    If you remain worried about interest (3% pa) put the cash "by" in the form of a Certificate of Tax Deposit that will effectively stop the interest accruing.
    No idea about 08/09 onwards on your scheme

Leave a comment:

• TheFlyer
    replied
    Originally posted by webberg View Post
    Or both.

If MTM is free and BG cheap, why not do both?
    So what if you done the MTM loan scheme and never heard anything from HMRC?

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
    so NTRT doing a fab job with the BN66 stuff ...but for the loan scheme with MTM ... should we be joining the BIG GROUP .. or stick with MTM ?
    Or both.

If MTM is free and BG cheap, why not do both?

Leave a comment:

• TheFlyer
    replied
    Originally posted by WelshRarebit View Post
    So, your saying that you're not under enquiry for any year you were in the loan scheme, or those you know who were also in the scheme? I thought that following being caught by S58 you'd automatically have enquiries opened for each and every subsequent year.
    From what I have asked and found out, the loan scheme is not DOTAS registered and they we are not been done at the moment. To be honest I have no idea. All I can do is try and raise the money and put it by I guess. Thing is the accruing interest on it that is a real issue. Someone told me once that 2008/2009 was OK on the loan scheme, and it is the years after that where they will get you. Any idea if that is true or not?

Leave a comment:

• WelshRarebit
    replied
    So, your saying that you're not under enquiry for any year you were in the loan scheme, or those you know who were also in the scheme? I thought that following being caught by S58 you'd automatically have enquiries opened for each and every subsequent year.

Leave a comment:

• TheFlyer
    replied
    'BIG GROUP is ONE GROUP across ALL schemes.

It does not impact action individuals may wish to take on their own or via other groups.'

See here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post2085724

I've had nothing other than being put under enquiry. Not even a letter about the settlement opportunity.

Enquiry for what year or years? If you don't mind me asking. Reason I ask all this is none of the others I know that did the loan scheme have had anything, but all done for been on the income scheme upto 2008.

Leave a comment:

• WelshRarebit
    replied
    What is the Big Group doing?

Has anyone with MtM on the loan scheme had a letter about it? As in any kind of investigation letter?
    'BIG GROUP is ONE GROUP across ALL schemes.

It does not impact action individuals may wish to take on their own or via other groups.'

See here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post2085724

I've had nothing other than being put under enquiry. Not even a letter about the settlement opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• TheFlyer
    replied
    I'm joining 'Big Group' now just in case Monty go belly up at some point in the future. I don't want to find that the Big Group drawbridge is up at that stage. Should the brown stuff not actually hit the fan then I will have helped others shaft it to Hector , it's small change at the moment.
    What is the Big Group doing?

Has anyone with MtM on the loan scheme had a letter about it? As in any kind of investigation letter?

Leave a comment:

• WelshRarebit
    replied
    I'm joining 'Big Group' now just in case Monty go belly up at some point in the future. I don't want to find that the Big Group drawbridge is up at that stage. Should the brown stuff not actually hit the fan then I will have helped others shaft it to Hector , it's small change at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• CanPayButWouldRatherNot
    replied
    big group ?

so NTRT doing a fab job with the BN66 stuff ...but for the loan scheme with MTM ... should we be joining the BIG GROUP .. or stick with MTM ?

Leave a comment:

• the great escape
    replied
    First I have heard of that. It just get's worse. What is this about IHT? Has anyone been written to about 2008/2009 ?
    I think it's something to seek advice from Monty on. I will try to contact this week to find out.

Leave a comment:

• TheFlyer
    replied
    Originally posted by the great escape View Post
    Does anyone know where us pre-Dec 2010 lot stand with regards to Inheritance Tax (IHT) on these loans? Is that a nightmare within a nightmare?
    First I have heard of that. It just get's worse. What is this about IHT? Has anyone been written to about 2008/2009 ?

Leave a comment:

• the great escape
    replied
    Does anyone know where us pre-Dec 2010 lot stand with regards to Inheritance Tax (IHT) on these loans? Is that a nightmare within a nightmare?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X