• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem"

Collapse

• FICO
    replied
    Originally posted by Random999 View Post
    Finally getting to the end of this. Ultimately having to pay a stupid sum.

Anyone else still going through this?
    I'm still going through this as my accountant has been liasing with the HMRC to determine a reasonable settlement, feel like giving up and just paying now if they let me as my now my goods will be seized next week

Leave a comment:

• Random999
    replied
    Any Idea how to track these people down?

Interested in hearing if they were ever charged with fraud?

Leave a comment:

• mikemloy
    replied
    time to pay

Originally posted by Wibble1 View Post
    How many months were you given to pay?
    You tell them what you can afford per month and multiply by how many months you need...they will accept whatever number you give them but you need to stick to it.

Leave a comment:

• Wibble1
    replied
    Originally posted by mikemloy View Post
    The 12K was based on my final accounts delivered by Bradbury of my partnership and the demand was from HMRC.....at the time it nearly crippled me (not to mention the pain I felt about double paying tax), but hopefully that sage is behind me now.
    How many months were you given to pay?

Leave a comment:

• mikemloy
    replied
    Originally posted by FICO View Post
    Hi Mike,
    was the 12K the figure Bradbury calculated for you based on the partnership scheme?
    Thanks
    The 12K was based on my final accounts delivered by Bradbury of my partnership and the demand was from HMRC.....at the time it nearly crippled me (not to mention the pain I felt about double paying tax), but hopefully that sage is behind me now.

Leave a comment:

• mikemloy
    replied
    HMRC time to pay

Originally posted by regron View Post
    Without going into actual figures, how did the negotiation for time to pay play out ?
    along the lines of
    HMC: you owe us 12k
    Me: I don't have it
    HMRC how much can you afford to pay?
    ME: xxx per month
    HMRC: ok set up a Standing order

Leave a comment:

• Random999
    replied
    One year on

Finally getting to the end of this. Ultimately having to pay a stupid sum.

Anyone else still going through this?

Leave a comment:

• FICO
    replied
    Thanks Mike
    I'm still waiting for the HMRC hopefully can get this sorted once and for all

Leave a comment:

• mikemloy
    replied
    Took me 18 months to pay it all back, based on 12k you can work out out how much per month. I paid that much to get rid of it whilst I was in a good contract. Just in case I found myself out of work. Fortunately it's all in the past for me so if anything ever does come back to me then I'll book a holiday 😄 point is HMRC would be happy with whatever reasonable timescale you set but must stick with it....

Leave a comment:

• FICO
    replied
    All
    Not sure how much luck your accountant will have with them...but I hope he/she has better luck than the rest of us. I had to repay £12k but obviously didn't have it, HMRC will let you pay it in instalments...if that helps.
    I am a member of the legal group and posted earlier in this thread. Basically our money has gone. If you think there is an avenue we haven't tried think again. This was a clever scam and the money has gone, any that had so far been recovered has gone to the administrators.
    Probably not what you wanted to hear but I don't have any good news I'm afraid.
    Hi Mike,
    was the 12K the figure Bradbury calculated for you based on the partnership scheme?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• regron
    replied
    All
    I had to repay £12k but obviously didn't have it, HMRC will let you pay it in instalments...if that helps. .
    Without going into actual figures, how did the negotiation for time to pay play out ?

Leave a comment:

• mikemloy
    replied
    HMRC

All
    Not sure how much luck your accountant will have with them...but I hope he/she has better luck than the rest of us. I had to repay £12k but obviously didn't have it, HMRC will let you pay it in instalments...if that helps.
    I am a member of the legal group and posted earlier in this thread. Basically our money has gone. If you think there is an avenue we haven't tried think again. This was a clever scam and the money has gone, any that had so far been recovered has gone to the administrators.
    Probably not what you wanted to hear but I don't have any good news I'm afraid.

Leave a comment:

• FICO
    replied
    Originally posted by JoseMaria View Post
    Hello,

I am in the same situation. For me is even worse because I am Spanish and my English is not very good. So I am really lost with this issue.

I have sent to HMRC all my payslips and my bank statements.

I still do not have an answer from them.

They want me to pay 12 thousand pounds. I do not have that money. I even did not earn that amount in 2008 when I worked some months in England using Sunday Solutions as umbrella company.

Is there any group or association of people defrauded by Sunday Solutions?

How many people were defrauded? Could we join together using the same lawyer?

Could we ask for signatures to help with this on webs like www.change.org?

If Sunday Solutions had a legal permit to work and offer services, the person or govern who gave them this legal permit should be responsible of this massive fraud?
    Hi,
    There were many people defrauded by Sunday Solutions and as I understand there was a group of people who started a legal case but not sure if they had any success. I am also still waiting for my meeting with the HMRC as I also cannot pay the incorrect amount requested by them. Have you heard back yet?

Leave a comment:

• JoseMaria
    replied
    Hello,

I am in the same situation. For me is even worse because I am Spanish and my English is not very good. So I am really lost with this issue.

I have sent to HMRC all my payslips and my bank statements.

I still do not have an answer from them.

They want me to pay 12 thousand pounds. I do not have that money. I even did not earn that amount in 2008 when I worked some months in England using Sunday Solutions as umbrella company.

Is there any group or association of people defrauded by Sunday Solutions?

How many people were defrauded? Could we join together using the same lawyer?

Could we ask for signatures to help with this on webs like www.change.org?

If Sunday Solutions had a legal permit to work and offer services, the person or govern who gave them this legal permit should be responsible of this massive fraud?

Originally posted by FICO View Post
    My accountant is arranging a meeting with the HMRC as I have received the recent demand.

The HMRC are not accepting that we only received a net payment from the partnership even though I have all the proof, bank statements etc.

Any advice as I cannot pay the full amount requested and the HMRC say we are liable even though there should be nothing to pay. I will try and explain that the figure stated by Bradbury is incorrect.

I wonder what happened to the VAT money Willowmeade received from my agency too?!

Leave a comment:

• FICO
    replied
    My accountant is arranging a meeting with the HMRC as I have received the recent demand.

The HMRC are not accepting that we only received a net payment from the partnership even though I have all the proof, bank statements etc.

Any advice as I cannot pay the full amount requested and the HMRC say we are liable even though there should be nothing to pay. I will try and explain that the figure stated by Bradbury is incorrect.

I wonder what happened to the VAT money Willowmeade received from my agency too?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X