• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Summer budget 2015

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Summer budget 2015"

Collapse

• bluemonkey71
    replied
    Originally posted by LandRover View Post
    lol...your George Osborne and I claim my £10 the clue is in your name...blue
    close but no cigar

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Found this in the Budget Report;
    To improve tax compliance among small businesses,
    the government will legislate
    to give HMRC the power to acquire data from online business intermediaries and
    electronic payment providers to help identify businesses that are trading but not
    declaring or paying tax
    . HMRC will consult on these proposals in July 2015
    and

The government recognises that many individuals choose to work through their own
    limited company. However, where people would have been employees if they were providing
    their services directly, anti

avoidance legislation commonly known as IR35 introduced in 2000
    requires that they pay broadly the same tax and National Insurance as other employees. As
    highlighted by reports from the Office of Tax Simplification and the House of Lords, it is clear
    that IR35 is not effective enough. Non

compliance in this area is estimated to cost over £400
    million a year.
    The government has asked HMRC to start a dialogue with business on how to
    improve the effectiveness of existing IR35 legislation
    The government wants to find a
    solution that protects the Exchequer and improves fairness in the system.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    And if you think that means Starbucks, Google or Vodafone, think again. It means YOU mofo !
    I'm sure if we gave well paid directorships to MPs, we would be aloud to perform aggressive tax avoidance like those multinationals the government is so intent on letting HMRC give sweetheart deals

Leave a comment:

• LandRover
    replied
    Originally posted by bluemonkey71 View Post
    Isn't corporation tax dropping though?

Also £7.2bn to be raised from clampdown on tax avoidance and tax evasion with HMRC budget increased by £750m
    lol...your George Osborne and I claim my £10 the clue is in your name...blue

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by bluemonkey71 View Post

Also £7.2bn to be raised from clampdown on tax avoidance and tax evasion with HMRC budget increased by £750m
    And if you think that means Starbucks, Google or Vodafone, think again. It means YOU mofo !

Leave a comment:

• bluemonkey71
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LandRover
    replied
    Originally posted by StrengthInNumbers View Post
    7.5% on dividends now - ltd companies hit now.
    The more u work and more u earn the more u get punished. Best stay on benefits.
    Indeed..an utterly dreadful budget for Freelancers and Ltd Cos...

Tories lost the plot and say one thing and do the other...only consolation is my conscientious is clear I didn't vote for the shower of shysters!

Leave a comment:

• StrengthInNumbers
    replied
    7.5% on dividends now - ltd companies hit now.
    The more u work and more u earn the more u get punished. Best stay on benefits.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    started a topic Summer budget 2015

Summer budget 2015

Let's start with this.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...Accessible.pdf

On your marks, get set, ...

Working...
X