• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bedouin/Redstone/Edge - whoever they are called now"

Collapse

• DotasScandal
    replied
    Originally posted by PeterF View Post
    This is not true. PM forum member 'The Dandy'. There is another group too, though I'm personally unsure of who/what/where. Worth getting as many perspectives as you can.
    Ahem...He did not mean that literally.

Leave a comment:

• PeterF
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Big Group are the best (and only!) game in town. You can find joining instructions at post 1 of this thread :-

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...big-group.html

They apparently host a very good forum.

Good luck!
    This is not true. PM forum member 'The Dandy'. There is another group too, though I'm personally unsure of who/what/where. Worth getting as many perspectives as you can.

Leave a comment:

• DotasScandal
    replied
    Here: WTT Big Group

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by porrker View Post
    I've just received another letter from HMRC asking me for more information before they take me to litigation. Is there a group I can join?
    Big Group are the best (and only!) game in town. You can find joining instructions at post 1 of this thread :-

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...big-group.html

They apparently host a very good forum.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• porrker
    replied
    More enquiry details

I've just received another letter from HMRC asking me for more information before they take me to litigation. Is there a group I can join?

Leave a comment:

• convict
    replied
    http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/salfmanual/salf411.htm hmrc need to allow postage time so posting on the 5th is a no-no

Leave a comment:

• Parsons
    replied
    What's the expiry date of such a letter ? I have had a nasty brown letter through my door also for 11-12.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Originally posted by angryexcontractor View Post
    Hi, I've just been sent letter from HMRC regarding tax owed from time as contractor with Bedouin 2011/2012. From these threads can see they are now called Redstone? Has anyone had same letter(s) and how have Bedouin / Redstone reacted?
    If that "letter" is a discovery assessment, check it carefully as it may be out of date.

Leave a comment:

• angryexcontractor
    replied
    Help! Bedouin ex contractor HMRC

Hi, I've just been sent letter from HMRC regarding tax owed from time as contractor with Bedouin 2011/2012. From these threads can see they are now called Redstone? Has anyone had same letter(s) and how have Bedouin / Redstone reacted?

Leave a comment:

• JustAContractor
    replied
    Commercial Loan - Redstone

Anyone been sent letter from HMRC regarding the commercial loan based scheme that Redstone offered post the demise of the EBT schemes.

Post EBTs - it all starts again. Can't handle another two years or more of this after EBTs. Any groups being formed for this scheme and how best to move forward?. I'm now literally broke and not sure how I'll get through this one ;( .

Redstone still promoting the scheme so would almost seem that HMRC are in cahoots with the likes of Redstone to reeling them in and then sting them in the future after all the reassurances we're give.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    It's just dawned on me that it's not necessary to extend the APN regime to deal with non-DOTAS schemes.

They can use the existing GAAR to clobber them. See Condition C, point 3.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post2214980
    It's possible but GAAR comes with all sorts of "safeguards" and will be challenged very hard. Pretty sure that the first one up in the slot (or the first that is advertised) HMRC will want to be a "win". Not sure that a scheme that is one we see here is suitable?

Leave a comment:

• DonkeyRhubarb
    replied
    Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
    What do the bookies say?
    I certainly wouldn't put it past Osborne to go full retard with APNs and proclaim the deficit has been patched (on the basis of projected/made-up yield figures)
    Personally I think it's very likely.
    We shall see soon.
    It's just dawned on me that it's not necessary to extend the APN regime to deal with non-DOTAS schemes.

They can use the existing GAAR to clobber them. See Condition C, point 3.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post2214980
    Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 3 March 2016, 08:06.

Leave a comment:

• DotasScandal
    replied
    Possible, I suppose, but unlikely.
    In any case, if they were going to clobber non-DOTAS schemes, they'd probably wait 10 years and do it retrospectively.
    What do the bookies say?
    I certainly wouldn't put it past Osborne to go full retard with APNs and proclaim the deficit has been patched (on the basis of projected/made-up yield figures)
    Personally I think it's very likely.
    We shall see soon.

Leave a comment:

• DonkeyRhubarb
    replied
    Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
    Wait until they reveal in the budget (not long to wait now) that the APN regime is being extended to non-DOTAS cases of suspected tax avoidance, where for example (hint, hint) a notice of assessment has been sent.
    Not a one-off.
    Possible, I suppose, but unlikely.

In any case, if they were going to clobber non-DOTAS schemes, they'd probably wait 10 years and do it retrospectively.

Leave a comment:

• DotasScandal
    replied
    They won't be issuing many APNs for 2015/16 and beyond. APNs have killed off DOTAS. No promoter is going to disclose anymore.

APNs were basically just a one-off smash and grab.
    Wait until they reveal in the budget (not long to wait now) that the APN regime is being extended to non-DOTAS cases of suspected tax avoidance, where for example (hint, hint) a notice of assessment has been sent.
    Not a one-off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X