• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The end is nigh...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The end is nigh..."

Collapse

• thunderlizard
    replied
    As a regular New York times reader, I've been expecting this too.

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstra...83D85F468785F9

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    We're getting to the point where debt is never too much, but too little.

If you're not maxed up to the eyeballs you're not living. Forget worrying about paying it all back, it's all part of your kids inheritance.

For those without kids, the old adage "You can't take it with you" also applies to debt! Fill yer boots.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Check out the link

All that warning May 26, 2005 12:39 EDT
    Its a good point - but since 1970 credit has been growing - before then it was the never never. Once these trends start they tend to overshoot. At what point is too much?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Check out the link

All that warning May 26, 2005 12:39 EDT
    Last edited by Diver; 2 November 2008, 05:41.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Who knows what they teach at kindergarten these days

Hepatitis B is easily cured. You just have to get Hepatitis C and it chases it away. When you get to Z you are in trouble.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Who knows what they teach at kindergarten these days

Some sort of vulgar Americanism I think, Becs.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: News

you made out with
    Forgive me if I am being blonde, but in which countries is that expression used again? I forgot....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: News

Yep. His parents are out again.

Go sit on the naughty step Davina.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    News

"DCJ Please pass on my regards to your mum. Tell her she wasn't so good last time, neither the rumpy pumpy nor the cake afterwards. "

I've got some bad news for you Sas, the woman or shall I say the shemale you made out with was not my mum. I hired him in to lure a desperate wa*ker like you into this trap. BTW The bloke you made out with got AIDS
    and Hepititas B. I'll get yourself checked out if I were you. Hasta la vista baby.:lol

He told me that you were lousy in bed. He also said to tell you he didn't wash underneath fro a week so I'll get some listerine if I were you!!!ha ha ha!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Property prices must collapse

DCJ, did they let you come home early from school today for the start of half term? Best be quick on that PC, I can see your mum coming up the path and she won't be pleased if you haven't made a start on your homework.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Property prices must collapse

DCJ Please pass on my regards to your mum. Tell her she wasn't so good last time, neither the rumpy pumpy nor the cake afterwards.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Property prices must collapse

Property prices must go down fall since the economy is not really doing as well as Spin Labour would like to make out. It's just a cover up. Just a matter of time before someone someone tells the Emperor he's got no clothes on!!!

The end is ******* nigh!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Today's Economist concurs that Gordon Brown's shared equity wheeze for "Britain's hard working families struggling to get on the housing ladder" is a thinly veiled attempt to prop up the housing market.
    The government's scheme may also have a perverse outcome. By increasing demand for cheap housing, it may hold up prices at the bottom end of the market - which will presumably make houses less, rather than more, accessible to poorer people. But then perhaps the welfare of first-time buyers is not the government's only concern: maybe behind the hype for this scheme lies a desire to prop up the housing market, for fear of what may happen to the whole economy if it crashes.
    Such government attempts to rig markets nearly always come crashing down. Still, Gordo is only worried about staving it off until he is PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    [New labour mode]

No problem, the government can raise taxes from property appreciation (including the property owners who they help to fund) and offer to take on 50% of the debt of hard up families.

[/new Labour mode]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I like the use of selective statistics

"Almost two out of three analysts tracked by Bloomberg recommend that investors hold or sell Barclays stock. Ten analysts have buy ratings, eight have hold ratings and another eight recommend investors sell the stock. "

On the other hand, that means two out of three recommend buying or holding Barclays?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X