• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What App's are you using you want to share with the rest of us.?"

Collapse

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I use an app called "getareallife". It switches off your phone and you talk to people.
    Another app I have which is called Phone, allows you to talk to people with the same app even if they are far away.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I use an app called "getareallife". It switches off your phone and you talk to people.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    I've got built in SatNav in my car but I have Co-pilot on my phone since I paid for the maps years ago. It's still a good system for a reasonable price and I think it's £10 a year subscription for the live traffic updates.

The maps are downloaded onto your phone so you don't need a mobile signal to be able to use them.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Antman View Post
    My toyota's got in built sat-nav with real-time traffic alerts (from radio channels) and it's not so great. The tomtom uses historical and mobile phone data (sets registering at base stations - vodafone I think) and seems more accurate.
    Me too - the traffic alert seems to be half an hour out of date or something.

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    I like the tomtom hd live app for android £50 first year £25 thereafter. It's paid for itself quickly enough from my point of view. If there is a criticism it is that the route calculator reduced to a 100 miles (or some such figure). I guess the makers thought that you can determine an alternative route with a 100 miles notice (some believe that this is debatable).

My toyota's got in built sat-nav with real-time traffic alerts (from radio channels) and it's not so great. The tomtom uses historical and mobile phone data (sets registering at base stations - vodafone I think) and seems more accurate.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    One I use a lot is email app, it allows you to read emails on your device and EVEN send them

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Nah, I will be a permie soon!
    Ok 10 year old Ford Fiesta with an Aldi Sat Nav

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    BMW 5 series with in-built live satnav
    Nah, I will be a permie soon!

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Slightly OT but related - what is the best Sat Nav app at the moment?

I need real time data about jams etc. and the ability to be shown different routes to avoid it, my new commute will potentially span 3 motorways so I have a lot of options but need to know which ones to take!
    BMW 5 series with in-built live satnav

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Slightly OT but related - what is the best Sat Nav app at the moment?

I need real time data about jams etc. and the ability to be shown different routes to avoid it, my new commute will potentially span 3 motorways so I have a lot of options but need to know which ones to take!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    I'll start

Try 'Word Lens' Free for the moment - its superb

Position your phones camera over a Menu, page in a book, hold it up to a road sign and it will translate into English (or vice versa) from several lauguages. - Its Fab

Google have just purchased them so only free for a short time.

What else are we missing.?
    Google goggles will do that - and much more! Take a photo of a building and assuming you have a data contract it will tell you what buuilding you are looking at and then give you links to various websites - real useful if you like a bit of urban exploring.

Also got the Jalvasco world cup app - not sure if it the best one but....

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    Originally posted by Fandango View Post
    I've started using Waze as a travel\GPS app.

Quite handy for getting upto date road issues, its kind of like social media for commuters. Let's you know slow up coming sections and you can see how far it lasts and how far ahead things start to clear etc
    I'm paying £25 a year for Tomtom HD live which I rate as it can calculate alternative routes based on real-time traffic data. I'm interested to know if Waze can do this?

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    thanks

Originally posted by MrWebDev View Post
    If you live/work/travel to London (as well as NYC, Berlin, Paris, Barca etc) you cannot go wrong with CityMapper, probably the most useful app I've ever had.

It's got live travel info, and has a really accurate door-to-door route planner, which along with the route will also detail travel time, cost and even calories lost (if you're into that kinda thing).

They also have a great web app too -
    https://citymapper.com/london/superrouter?
    very good indeed !!!

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    I'm using "Hours Keeper". Its great for recording time at clientco - gives breakdown of weekly/monthly time and you can also generate invoices from it.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

I just got the Canon wifi app that lets you control your EOS remotely - your very own Springwatch set up

All I need now is the EOS 70D to go with it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X