• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK Leads growth of G7"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    I've asked you for one link, you have linked 600 jobs, not one is relevant.

You said 3k for a shop assistant. Find me one vacancy for shop assistant in Munich (in any language) for 3k gross a month.
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Find it yourself you lazy
    You've given up! Ich habe gewonnen! Was für eine Null!
    I'm speaking with a shop owner, you're looking for shortcuts.

Stay with management, it suits you.
    Looks like Lord Haw-Haw has been found bull-Sh!iting - again.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I'm speaking with a shop owner, you're looking for shortcuts.

Stay with management, it suits you.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    You said 3k for a shop assistant. Find me one vacancy for shop assistant in Munich (in any language) for 3k gross a month.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Are you looking for a raise?

Over 600 kauffmann jobs currently in München.
    I've asked you for one link, you have linked 600 jobs, not one is relevant.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    That's exactly what I've said.

Bad in Munich. Good somewhere else. Not great.

Definitely poor in the Netherlands.

Give me a link for a vacancy for a Kauffman/Kassier in Munich for 3K (brutto).
    Are you looking for a raise?

Over 600 kauffmann jobs currently in München.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Well between you and me; what you think you know but clearly don't and what I know from the shop owner, gross is just a little over €3k per month. And as a single person you'd keep €1.95k after health insurance, tax, & pension.
    That's exactly what I've said.
    Not bad.
    Bad in Munich. Good somewhere else. Not great.

Definitely poor in the Netherlands.

Give me a link for a vacancy for a Kauffman/Kassier in Munich for 3K (brutto).

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    There's no way that such a position pays €3k a month in Bavaria or any part of Germany. It usually pays about minimum wage if one is lucky to get a full time job. In the Netherlands these position are filled by under-25 students and I expect the same in Germany.

Even if they got 3k a month, after tax and insurance and what not, they'd be lucky to get 2k net a month, which in Munich is really tulip wages.
    Well between you and me; what you think you know but clearly don't and what I know from the shop owner, gross is just a little over €3k per month. And as a single person you'd keep €1.95k after health insurance, tax, & pension. Not bad.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Indeed, communicating with the locals in their own tongue receives positive feedback.

t.
    I once employed a guy who spoke 6 languages fluently but could not communicate in any of them.
    I eventually put him on to "contractor entertainment" where he blended in quite nicely

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Cost of living in Germany is among the highest in europe,
    Not everywhere, some parts of Germany are relatively cheap. The east is very affordable and also some parts of NRW are ok, excluding Cologne.
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    with the lowest wage.
    Compared to cost of living, yes.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Indeed, communicating with the locals in their own tongue receives positive feedback.

An acquaintance of mine owns two shops in town. Finding folks to operate the registers who are competent has been a struggle for her. The minimum monthly income they demand is €3k just to be a sales person!

Comparing the bleak wage conditions in the UK as the norm across Germany would be one way to tell yourself we're all suffering equally. But that does not make it right.
    What you half Germans call "sales person" is what we call shop assistant in modern Britain. You probably meant "Verkäufer/Kassierer" in German and "Verkoopmedewerker" in Dutch.

There's no way that such a position pays €3k a month in Bavaria or any part of Germany. It usually pays about minimum wage if one is lucky to get a full time job. In the Netherlands these position are filled by under-25 students and I expect the same in Germany.

Even if they got 3k a month, after tax and insurance and what not, they'd be lucky to get 2k net a month, which in Munich is really tulip wages.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Not really true when considered relative to cost of living and especially accommodation costs. The overall standard of living is pretty good.
    Cost of living in Germany is among the highest in europe, with the lowest wage. I don't have a link as this was the general consensus from everyone I spoke to while I was out there.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I thought we paid our binmen quite well
    I might collect the rubbish but I'm not feeding off it.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Being able to communicate with the locals in their native language and relate with them is a definite skill. Don't underestimate that.

If you say that wages in Germany for the common man are higher than elsewhere, that means you are either deluded or you live in your own bubble or you can't or won't speak the language and you only speak with some other expats.

You wouldn't be the only one. There are some people in London who genuinely think the economy is growing.

An acquaintance of mine owns two shops in town. Finding folks to operate the registers who are competent has been a struggle for her. The minimum monthly income they demand is €3k just to be a sales person!

Comparing the bleak wage conditions in the UK as the norm across Germany would be one way to tell yourself we're all suffering equally. But that does not make it right.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Is that personal experience talking?

There's not a chance I could earn in the UK what I earn here.
    I thought we paid our binmen quite well

Leave a comment:

Working...
X