• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Ready to walk....

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ready to walk...."

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Another project, users were to supply data. Nothing working as expected.
    Data supplied is crap, after a meeting got a mail, saying "I realise you don't understand, so I will send you some new data" do I let it go?

Really want to call them out for wasting my time, but then they are paying for it

Jobserve
    If the user is that much of an idiot, to call him/herself out then I'd do nothing. Offer your rope vending services.

Of course keep a note of this in your daily log in case you need to refer back.

Edit : It's sometimes not about what you say, but rather what you don't.

PM: AlreadyPacked, wtf happened?
    AlreadyPacked: We tested the system with the data supplied. It didn't work. The users have suggested sending newer data, so then we will try again.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Another project, users were to supply data. Nothing working as expected.
    Data supplied is crap, after a meeting got a mail, saying "I realise you don't understand, so I will send you some new data" do I let it go?

Really want to call them out for wasting my time, but then they are paying for it

Jobserve

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    Swim and sauna
    With the typing pool?

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Swim and sauna

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    Delivering on-time then taking flack for showing up parallel workstreams that have not and the PM who hasnt figured out what is required next

There is a pool downstairs that I will be in until they can figure themselves out
    Typing pool or swimming pool?

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Delivering on-time then taking flack for showing up parallel workstreams that have not and the PM who hasnt figured out what is required next

There is a pool downstairs that I will be in until they can figure themselves out

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Calculate how much you have just charged them for putting up with their nonsense when that's stops putting a smile on your face its time to consider your options.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    Keep going, keep smiling - nothing's worth taking too seriously.

Truth, right here in CUK General.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    Keep going, keep smiling - nothing's worth taking too seriously except beer and bacon.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Keep going, keep smiling - nothing's worth taking too seriously.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Of course. Nobody would admit to being his real dad.
    Although you do share the obesity gene, so who knows?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You're not his real dad.
    Of course. Nobody would admit to being his real dad.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    The Dark Side is more powerful. Join me Suity and together we can rule CUK like Father and Son. Mwuhahahahaha.
    You're not his real dad.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Well I haven't gone over to the dark side like, MF for example. Still invoicing, which is my measure of successful.

Perhaps you need to choke some pole?
    The Dark Side is more powerful. Join me Suity and together we can rule CUK like Father and Son. Mwuhahahahaha.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Except that after the end of the day, the alcoholic can't have a pint to relax.
    Well I do

Leave a comment:

Working...
X