• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Employer Respnsibility"

Collapse

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole
    He isn't your boss, you are a contractor.
    Stackers, you are the man.

Leave a comment:

• wonderwaif
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman
    ha! Class
    I thank you

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by wonderwaif
    Bit thin skinned to be a contractor if you ask me.
    Never mind Simon, I wrote this just for you:

I woke up this morning
    Posted on CUK
    Been involved in a car crash
    Wanted someone to pay
    But those nasty contractors
    Hurled abuse my way

I got those Newbie blues
    Lord knows I got those Newbie blues
    ha! Class

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by simon281
    when my boss reams me at lunchtimes
    He isn't your boss, you are a contractor.

Leave a comment:

• wonderwaif
    replied
    Bit thin skinned to be a contractor if you ask me.
    Never mind Simon, I wrote this just for you:

I woke up this morning
    Posted on CUK
    Been involved in a car crash
    Wanted someone to pay
    But those nasty contractors
    Hurled abuse my way

I got those Newbie blues
    Lord knows I got those Newbie blues

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Bit of a shame he removed the post, I didn't get to laugh at whatever it was he wrote Oh well....

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    You seem to have discouraged the OP, chaps...
    Job done then!

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by pickle
    Are you really a contractor?
    Nah! An EPC I'll bet [Envious Permie c\/nt].

I mean, who cares about Employer Responsibility when you're your own employer?

Leave a comment:

• Andyw
    replied
    You're a fiery pickle !

Leave a comment:

• pickle
    replied
    Are that company obliged to pay me whilst I recover
    Jeezuz.

Supose you give your window cleaner a lift to the shops to get a new bucket. Supose you have a crash on the way and window cleaner breaks his legs.

Q. Do you think you would be legaly obliged to keep paying him for the windows he can no longer clean?

A. (in case you hadnt guessed) No.

Q. Could said window cleaner chase, via your car insurance, monies for loss of earnings resulting from the crash.

A. Yes

Q. Will said window cleaner likely see this money any time soon.
    A. No

Are you really a contractor?

Leave a comment:

• XLMonkey
    replied
    No, you aren't (or at least, not directly).

The key point is that you're not an employee of the client, so you are not protected by their employee benefits scheme. You can only sue if you can demonstrate negligence or fault on their part.

You should be able to claim on the insurance of the person driving the car (assuming that it was their fault, of course).

You could, in theory, sue your own limited company, and then use your limited company to pursue a claim against the client's company. But this would be difficult to pursue unless you could show that the client had promised to provide transport as part of the contract.

Think you need a lawyer, but I would expect your only viable claim will be against the individual who caused the accident.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Your best bet is to seek legal advice and possibly pursue compensation for your loss of earnings through some (ambulance chaser) lawyers.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    You need to speak to a guy called Chico who posts here now and then. He has the answer to everything apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Feck... more permie mentality

Leave a comment:

• simon281
    started a topic Employer Respnsibility

Employer Respnsibility

Last edited by simon281; 24 August 2006, 11:51. Reason: leaving

Working...
X