• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "HP QC grrrrr pile of tulipe"

Collapse

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    'Test Management' tools are nonsense. There are test cases and there are bugs. You don't need test management tools; you need to make, maintain and run cases, report bugs, track bugs and run out a test report showing what has passed and what has failed. The rest is either superfluous tulip or you can put it in excel.
    God bless Cucumber (the tool not the vegetable)

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Actually I have used Mantis, Redmine and Jira but I tend to think of them as bug tracking tools not specifically Test Management tools
    'Test Management' tools are nonsense. There are test cases and there are bugs. You don't need test management tools; you need to make, maintain and run cases, report bugs, track bugs and run out a test report showing what has passed and what has failed. The rest is either superfluous tulip or you can put it in excel.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Actually I have used Mantis, Redmine and Jira but I tend to think of them as bug tracking tools not specifically Test Management tools

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Rational Test Manager, QA Complete, TestLink, Excel...
    Mantis Bug Tracker
    Tiny Issue

excel

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Rational Test Manager, QA Complete, TestLink.
    Not used any of those myself, the only ones I have used are Visual Studio and HPQC

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    What other TM tools have you used?
    Rational Test Manager, QA Complete, TestLink, Excel...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    tulipenet, pootracker, USSRnet

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    I share your hatred for QC, but having used various other TM tools I'm forced to conclude it's the least worst one I've used.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    I share your hatred for QC, but having used various other TM tools I'm forced to conclude it's the least worst one I've used.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Yippee! It's crashed again, locking all my objects for the next 15 minutes. Another billable coffee break!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Test Analysts, please be doing the doings and revert.....
    'Quality Managers', please be jumping from tall buildings and revert.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Test Analysts, please be doing the doings and revert.....

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    No. I know how to use it. That's why I know that it's a heap of poo.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    My arse You'd be on the internet not doing any work if us TMs weren't stressing the importance of run rates and daily stats for stakeholders
    Given I that I create automation frameworks, I do believe your notion of work is a bit outdated seeing as all I have to do is push run and then check the results at the end

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Would this help: HP Quality Center Tutorials – Learn HP ALM/QC in 7 Days — Software Testing Help :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X