• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jaguar to build XJ model in India"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yes, push it so far that Jaguar was using plenty of Ford Focus parts to be considered one

Against BMW 3 series XJ will only sell if it's cheap.
    The XJ doesn't compete with the 3 series; it's more like a 5 or 7 series competitor.

Leave a comment:

• evilagent
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Unfortunately for you Mr & Mrs (or Mr & Mr, or Mrs & Mrs, Mrs & Mrs & Mr) UK voter don't see it that way.
    true enough.
    facts are such encumbrances.
    apologies if I came across harsh to your opening post; I seem to have shot the messenger!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TransitTrucker View Post
    I was at Ford when they bought Jaguar. They pushed enormous amounts of effort into sorting out their production line quality issues and quality management in general. I hope Tata kept up the good work. . .
    Yes, push it so far that Jaguar was using plenty of Ford Focus parts to be considered one

Against BMW 3 series XJ will only sell if it's cheap.

Leave a comment:

• TransitTrucker
    replied
    I was at Ford when they bought Jaguar. They pushed enormous amounts of effort into sorting out their production line quality issues and quality management in general. I hope Tata kept up the good work. . .

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by evilagent View Post
    Whilst you're venting your spleen, as if "india" is responsible for "taking" jobs, you might want to consider that the decision was made by the board of Jaguar.

It's so easy to blame those jonny foreigners with funny accents, but the actual decision was made by those with impeccable english accents, british-educated, "white", and made for the benefit of shareholders.

Intellectually weak post, and mostly Daily Fail standard of thinking, if that isn't a contradiction.

Unfortunately for you Mr & Mrs (or Mr & Mr, or Mrs & Mrs, Mrs & Mrs & Mr) UK voter don't see it that way.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by evilagent View Post
    Whilst you're venting your spleen, as if "india" is responsible for "taking" jobs, you might want to consider that the decision was made by the board of Jaguar.

It's so easy to blame those jonny foreigners with funny accents, but the actual decision was made by those with impeccable english accents, british-educated, "white", and made for the benefit of shareholders.

Intellectually weak post, and mostly Daily Fail standard of thinking, if that isn't a contradiction.
    Yes, but I think actually he was complimenting the Indians and bashing the British politicians and management.

Leave a comment:

• evilagent
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Tally ho shareholders & politicians, marvellous job.

Indian car manufacturer, Jaguar, were so discombobulated about the treatment they were receiving from chanting right wing UK press, cut india aid now! Bobs taking our jobs! They've now decided to relieve thousands of UK workers of income.

Nice one India.

It's not all bad news. The new Jaguar will have a special curry hook in the passenger side to convey your takeaway meal on the return trip home.

BBC News - Jaguar to build XJ model in India

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    I don't think the Americans have ever really got the 'premium' car market. Ford bought jaguar and volvo and didn't know what to do with them. General Motors bought Saab and that all ended in tears. Gawd knows why Fiat have bough Chrysler?
    Jaguar was a complete mess in the 80's, producing what should have been the finest car in the world (XJ series 3) in the worst factory in the world (hence the lack of reliability), and to be fair, Ford sorted Jaguar out with massive investments and quality improvements, but then they sold them to Mr Tata who must think he's got a bargain.

I agree on Fiat/Chrysler; I just can't see what Fiat gain from that, except maybe some factories in the US.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    By manufacturing in India Jaguar will be following in Mercedes and BMW's footsteps. Globalisation folks.

Had my doubt about TATA initially but they have done a remarkably good job.

New Jag engine factory will opening up in Wolverhampton soon.
    Jaguar Land Rover announces start of i54 jobs campaign « Express & Star

Big thumbs up for Midlands manufacturing.
    Yep, I saw the big ads for engineers at Birmingham airport last week. All good news for Midlands techies.

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    You might conclude that
    I don't think the Americans have ever really got the 'premium' car market. Ford bought jaguar and volvo and didn't know what to do with them. General Motors bought Saab and that all ended in tears. Gawd knows why Fiat have bough Chrysler?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Since the shop floor workforce will still be the same -did TATA do such a good job because UK/American managers are crap?
    You might conclude that

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    By manufacturing in India Jaguar will be following in Mercedes and BMW's footsteps. Globalisation folks.

Since the shop floor workforce will still be the same -did TATA do such a good job because UK/American managers are crap?

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Family size XJ

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    I'm hankering after a F type coupé

Will that be Bob or John Bull assembled?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X