• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New gTLDs

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New gTLDs"

Collapse

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Is there a .crap so you look like a genuine consultancy ?

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    started a topic New gTLDs

New gTLDs

I was just casting an eye over the new gTLDs due to be made available this year. Anyone thinking of a ".consulting" or ".contractors" domain, or a ".limited" or ".ltd" for their business site? Seems a bit cumbersome, but I suppose people are less likely to type in a URL now, clicking on links instead.

New TLD List 2014 - New Top Level Domain Extensions - New TLDs 2014

Looks like our friendly accountants are a little bit screwed (assuming this list is correct), what with both ".accountant" and ".accountants" - I guess it allows the registrars to make a bit more money for nothing (and chicks for free, no less).

I wonder how much the URL "dot.dot" will be worth in a couple of years?
    I also notice that there is a ".frontdoor" but not a ".backdoor". Do they think people would really be so immature as to abuse the backdoor if it were offered?

Working...
X