• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Pandemonium - New Years Eve"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Is it a dogging site?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Sheesh. It was cold up there.

there were four or five cars parked, looking out over the town. One of them had his headlights on, so me night vision was screwed straight off.
    Blundering through the bog, I eventually found the path and followed it by touch, with me feet.
    10 minutes to go.
    we crested the hill, so now I could see. zoomed the last 200m

then we could hear it. eerie. the singing tree. then the fireworks started popping down below
    fingers froze in the wind taking a vid. We were the only two there

hot toddy for the missus, binos for me

then back through the bog, squelching , feet soaked. fingers burning with cold

it was, without doubt, the best new years eve I ever had

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Ah Rivington Pike. That place is responsible for my ineluctable and ineffable conviction that all consciousnesses resonate at one in harmony with a sublime and eternal cosmic frequency.

Yep, used to pick mushrooms up there. Bit late in the season now. Don't remember any sculpture, but this was the eighties. Looks a bit 'cosmic' itself.

Working in Dublin Town right now, brought the family over and we're going to risk Cafe En Seine. (Cafe Insane to the locals). I think Rupert Myers probably nails it:

Think you're a fun sort of person? Life and soul of the party? Go on then, have fun. Have all the fun, because it's New Year's Eve and if you aren't literally having the most fun of your life, then what the heck are you doing, because as the very big clock is telling you, you'll be dead soon.
    Happy 2014 all, think its going to be a warm one

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Wasn't it one of HAB's favourites?
    It was. Not sure if he was a BSG fan or if he just needed something that wasn't blocked by the filter, (which most of his language would be).

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Um, I'm not sure you invented that one

Frak (expletive) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wasn't it one of HAB's favourites?

Edit: Indeed it was. http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ack-frack.html

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I like it

when I was a kid we had this threat that sent shivers down yer spine -'I'll burst you'

seriously, that was the worst most blood curdling threat ever.
    since then, we've had 'you'll get a leathering', 'I'll ave you over', 'I'll do you', 'ave some'

but now. I invent a new one

'I'll fckng Frakk you'
    Um, I'm not sure you invented that one

Frak (expletive) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    I like it

when I was a kid we had this threat that sent shivers down yer spine -'I'll burst you'

since then, we've had 'you'll get a leathering', 'I'll ave you over', 'I'll do you', 'ave some'

'I'll fckng Frakk you'
    Do I need to bend over?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I like it

'I'll fckng Frakk you'

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    shut it. before I frakk you

Frak??

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    Bloody hell, and to think that people moan about windturbines.
    shut it. before I frakk you

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    The last few years we have gone up Rivington Pike to watch the fireworks on New Years eve.
    This year we will go up to the Singing tree Panopticon or pandemonium as its some times known. by me. when im pissed.
    A flask of hot toddy for mrs EO and we are set

Bloody hell, and to think that people moan about windturbines.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Bellona View Post
    Too cold n wet for my liking.
    Interesting scupture though, hadn't heard of that before.
    Noise a bit spooky ..
    There are actually quite a few scattered around

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    looks like fun.....

I bouight some big fireworks..

it says to retire 25 meters but that puts me in the lounge as the garden is only about 15 meters long

I should be okay maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Bellona
    replied
    Too cold n wet for my liking.
    Interesting scupture though, hadn't heard of that before.
    Noise a bit spooky ..

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    started a topic The Pandemonium - New Years Eve

The Pandemonium - New Years Eve

The last few years we have gone up Rivington Pike to watch the fireworks on New Years eve.
    This year we will go up to the Singing tree Panopticon or pandemonium as its some times known. by me. when im pissed.
    A flask of hot toddy for mrs EO and we are set

Working...
X