• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: rebellion

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "rebellion"

Collapse

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Dodging the Christmas shopping/general madness? Cunning.
    Well I meant being looked after and fed proper painkillers, but not having to deal with 2 kids, work and all the Christmas crap is a bonus too.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I'd rather be here than at home at the moment TBH.
    Dodging the Christmas shopping/general madness? Cunning.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Sorry to hear you're still stuck in there.
    I'd rather be here than at home at the moment TBH.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    It's best not to mention which hospital you're in as there will be a large, pissed-up crowd of CUKers in town later this week.

Sorry to hear you're still stuck in there.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Any clue how long you're in for? Do they have a plan of action?
    Not yet. Still figuring out exactly what is wrong, in the mean time monitor and treat the symptoms. It'll be a few days before biopsy results are in. They may want to do some more tests as well.

The talking machine has been discharged now, so it's fairly quiet.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I don't know they have private rooms here tbh, I guess they must have.

I'm in one of the best hospitals in London afaik. The actual operating theater was modern and seemingly state of the art (I've been in a few for births and this was a totally diffeerent league) and doctors and nurses have been excellent. I'd not want to forgo that just to get a private room. Gotta remember I'm seriously ill and they are trying to diagnose it, not just undergoing a routine op.
    Any clue how long you're in for? Do they have a plan of action?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Well yes, but not in the cheap seats.
    I don't know they have private rooms here tbh, I guess they must have.

I'm in one of the best hospitals in London afaik. The actual operating theater was modern and seemingly state of the art (I've been in a few for births and this was a totally diffeerent league) and doctors and nurses have been excellent. I'd not want to forgo that just to get a private room. Gotta remember I'm seriously ill and they are trying to diagnose it, not just undergoing a routine op.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Never considered it. I've always been pretty healthy, didn't see the point. I'd have ended up in the same theatre anyway I expect.
    Well yes, but not in the cheap seats.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Never considered it. I've always been pretty healthy, didn't see the point. I'd have ended up in the same theatre anyway I expect.
    Probably not this one though (sorry, couldn't resist)

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    TBH, if you're in for more than a couple of days, it could get a bit lonely in a private room.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Why are you not private???

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Yeah that's pretty much what it's like. Been here a week now, got ear plugs, luckily I'm weak enough I just pass out quite a lot.
    Why are you not private???

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I was in hospital for 5 months once, in a 4 bed ward which was primarily young blokes (car and motorbike accidents) and so wasn't too bad except for the pain and accompanying ailments. However the worst period was when I had an old boy next to me for a few weeks who used to do the most long drawn out stinkiest tulips, with matching sound effects, and when you're in traction in bed so can't move it was quite possibly some of the most uncomfortable times I have ever had...

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    My Missus was on one of those kinds of wards last year when she had complications from gallstones.

It was mixed too. Not nice.

Hope you are out of there soon.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
    Spent a week in hospital a few years back with a busted ankle. Was the worst experience of my life.

There was a guy at the end of the ward who never stopped talking, even if there was no-one to talk to, he just kept going on and on, morning noon and night.

then there was the guy in the bed next to me who used to tulip his pants at least 4 times a day. I thinnk he was embarressed about asking the nurses to help him go for a tulip so he just did it in bed and waited for them to notice and clean him up.

The guy on the other side of me used to attack the nurses at every opportunity, so therey used to be 4 or 5 of them who had to restrain him every time they took his blood pressure etc.

Whenever my older relatives were ill and were complaining that they didn't want to go to hospital, I always thought they were just a bit doddery and hospital would be the best place for them. I can see there point now.

My advice, get some ear plugs and a sleep mask and try to sleep as much as possible.
    Yeah that's pretty much what it's like. Been here a week now, got ear plugs, luckily I'm weak enough I just pass out quite a lot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X