• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lies, damn lies, and statistics"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Yes those that don't have the intelligence to retort with certitude rely on insult.
    Does it follow that those who rely on insult 'don't have the intelligence to retort with certitude'?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yes those that don't have the intelligence to retort with certitude rely on insult.
    But I have "retorted with certitude".
    I'm certain that you're a complete moron.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Ah, that explains why they export their cretins.

I think you'll find Germany scores higher than the Scotland. The place where real skills are in demand.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I wound't advertise you have to import intelligence. In Scotland it's home grown.
    Ah, that explains why they export their cretins.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Are you suggesting the immigrants in the SE are brighter than the Scots?
    I took that as read.
    I wound't advertise you have to import intelligence. In Scotland it's home grown.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    http://www.oecd.org/pisa/test/form/

Just give this pisa test a go to see what the fuss is about, got bored after passing level 6.

But seriously on 3% of pupils in the UK could get here? That's utterly shameful.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    I took that as read.
    Loving your avatar, you grumpy old bastard!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    This is not an immigration thread.
    I took that as read.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I doubt Scotland would outperform the SE
    This is not an immigration thread.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    is how come pupils in Scotland's outperform those south of the border? Could be the buckfast helps brain activity?
    It's all the thickos in the North. I doubt Scotland would outperform the SE

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    what I don't get

is how come pupils in Scotland's outperform those south of the border? Could be the buckfast helps brain activity?

Within the UK, Scotland outperformed England at maths and reading, but Wales is below average in all subjects.

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    started a topic Lies, damn lies, and statistics

Lies, damn lies, and statistics

Quality article about education on the beeb
    here

I like this little disclaimer "China does not participate as a country, but is represented by cities such as Shanghai and Hong Kong"

How about - "The UK doesn't participate as a country [which of course it isn't] but is represented by towns such as Eton and Harrow"

Working...
X